Innovative Marine Aquariums

Lighting Choosing

THEBOOM1011

Hello I was wondering which light should I choose for my 29g 30 in. L 12 in. W  18 in. H tank. I currently only have fish and live rock but want to move up to a mixed reef tank and I was looking online and came across some lighting that caught my eye which were 2x AI Prime HD or the Hydra 26 and was hoping some of y'all would be able to help me pick the best choice for this.

Any and all help would be most appreciated

Also if you are willing to recommend a light that you think would work better please feel free to add your suggestions

Thank you. 

I would do the 2 x Prime HD. They are the same as 1 Hydra 26 Hd, but you will get better coverage with them. I loved mine on the 40b, but found a great deal on 2 x Hydra 26 HD so jumped at it.

• 2 months later...
NuisanceAlgaeCultivator
On 9/12/2018 at 6:42 PM, THEBOOM1011 said:

Hello I was wondering which light should I choose for my 29g 30 in. L 12 in. W  18 in. H tank. I currently only have fish and live rock but want to move up to a mixed reef tank and I was looking online and came across some lighting that caught my eye which were 2x AI Prime HD or the Hydra 26 and was hoping some of y'all would be able to help me pick the best choice for this.

Any and all help would be most appreciated

Also if you are willing to recommend a light that you think would work better please feel free to add your suggestions

Thank you. 

I was going to ask this exact question for a similarly sized tank.