Top Shelf Aquatics

fish food ?

sadie

My little clown fish died over the weekend.  I was wondering about the fish food I have been feeding.  It's by Seachem, it's NutriDiet Marine flakes (probiotics formula) 

I usually feed the flakes every day, frozen mysis shrimp 1-2x a week for the fish and the tank.  I went away for the weekend and told my husband not to feed.  I figured he would be hungry when I got home, but he wouldn't drop dead.  and then he did.  😪

I was wondering if maybe the flake food wasn't enough nutrition and should I get something better?

also, how do you know the fish is eating enough?  I turn my pumps off in the am and put a pinch of flakes in.  Both my cleaner shrimp and clown come up and eat. There is no fighting for food as it spreads wide enough for both to eat.  I watch for a while and my clown eats a fair amount.  Then I go do other stuff.  When I come back all the food is gone and I put pumps back on.  

Is there a guide on fish for fat and skinny fish?  (you see them at the vets for dogs and cats)

Sorry for the loss.

Unfortunately sometimes fish die.

He possibly could have had a parasite. 1 weekend without food is not the cause of death.

Feeding a variety of food is best. Alternating flake, pellet, and frozen is best.

• Thanks 1