Coral Vue Hydros

Any Ideas???

FlytheWMark

I'm not quite sure what this dark creature is?  It has moved in the aquarium recently and this is it's newest spot.  It is well attached to the rock right now (I tried to pull it off) and when I shined my flashlight on it several white "flea-ish" critters were around it.  Any help would be appreciated.

2018-09-09 14.28.33.jpg

28 minutes ago, Mark L. said:

I'm not quite sure what this dark creature is?  It has moved in the aquarium recently and this is it's newest spot.  It is well attached to the rock right now (I tried to pull it off) and when I shined my flashlight on it several white "flea-ish" critters were around it.  Any help would be appreciated.

2018-09-09 14.28.33.jpg

Pic isn’t great........I’m not sure what I am seeing.....

what did it feel like when you touched it? 

It moved as in....it crawled up there? Looks sort of like an angry maxi-mini anemone. Which would surprise me as a hitchhiker. No idea how it got in your tank? They do crawl around...

If it didn't crawl, I would think more along the lines of an encrusting sponge or some other filter feeder. 

Touch it. Haha. If it sticks to you, probably an anemone. My maxi-minis are like superglue. 

50 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Pic isn’t great........I’m not sure what I am seeing.....

what did it feel like when you touched it? 

It was soft and slimy lol.  Sorry for the poor picture quality.  @paneubert yes it has made it's way over there.  It was on a Zoa rock I've had for about 3 months but never moved so I paid it no attention and just figured it was something on the rock.  It disappeared from there about a week ago and I found him up on this rock this weekend.  Like i said I tried to scratch him off but he's on that rock good.  If it's not a pest or a problem then that's fine I was just wondering if anyone could tell what it was.

Can you see a mouth in the center?  I still am leaning towards pissed off anemone.  The photo is a little blurry, but that's what it looks like to me, and I can't think of anything else that can crawl around.....

57 minutes ago, paneubert said:

Can you see a mouth in the center?  I still am leaning towards pissed off anemone.  The photo is a little blurry, but that's what it looks like to me, and I can't think of anything else that can crawl around.....

Here's a video that may help...

Huh.....well withe the apparent speed of that thing, I am now leaning towards it being a really big and slimy/algae covered stomatella snail.  I don't think an anemone would allow those little bugs to be crawling all over it, and that little jerky/speedy move at the end is a little fast for an anemone

31 minutes ago, paneubert said:

Huh.....well withe the apparent speed of that thing, I am now leaning towards it being a really big and slimy/algae covered stomatella snail.  I don't think an anemone would allow those little bugs to be crawling all over it, and that little jerky/speedy move at the end is a little fast for an anemone

That would make sense... googling it it seems that kind of snail is harmless.  Any thoughts on the "bug"?

Bugs are most likely just Amphipods.  Not bad.  Those ones are probably eating the algae on the snail shell.  I will say those are pretty big though.  I usually see them much smaller.