Top Shelf Aquatics

My fish died

sadie

I went away for the weekend, came home to a dead fish.  Now I am fishless again.  😪  I was going to do a WC and feed a little heavy, told my husband not to do anything.  I didn't get to do the WC (just did one on monday so wasn't too concerned), but forgot to feed.  Not sure if that's why he died.  The last 2 times I have left I lost something.  Last month my frogspawn, this month my fish. Good thing I'm not going away for a long time.

A healthy clownfish can usually go several days without food.  Unless it was already malnourished, not feeding over the weekend wouldn't have caused its death.  But still sorry that it died. :sad:

5 minutes ago, seabass said:

A healthy clownfish can usually go several days without food.  Unless it was already malnourished, not feeding over the weekend wouldn't have caused its death.  But still sorry that it died. :sad:

thanks.  I didn't think it would be a big deal.  I just posted a food question in the fish section.  i am wondering if the food I was feeding him isn't nutrition enough.  I know clowns are piggys and always act hungry, but I was getting the felling he WAS hungry, even though I feed him everyday.  (Flakes daily, frozen mysis shrimp 1-2x a week for fish and tank)

I just tested my water and ammonia, trites and trates are all 0.  Calcium is 485, KH 7.7 and Mag is 1200.  I was going to not so local LFS today to get a coral for my birthday, maybe I will get a fish too. 

It's not so exciting buying a new fish because one died.  😪

well I went to not so local LFS and got a new coral, but no fish.   They had really big clowns or really small clowns.  I was thinking of getting a medium sized clown, maybe a bit bigger then my last guy.  He was so tiny.