ReefCleaners.org

Jay's Little Ocean - Creating a Grand SPS Dominated Aquarium on a Small Scale.

JaysLittleOcean

JaysLittleOcean

So my family and I have been in our new home for about 2 years now and after some back and forth thoughts about whether or not to get back into the hobby over the last few months I have finally decided to make the plunge.  I started a few threads wanting because like all reef keepers, I had dreams of grandeur!  I have what I consider a relatively larger home about 4,000 Square Feet, and I wanted to build the biggest and best reef aquarium that my home could hold.  Now enter my wife who is much more grounded then me when it comes to things like... reality.  She is much more sensible about making decisions and she recommended that I should start small.  We have 4 children requiring constant attention as most children do, we have careers that take up another chunk of our lives and constant home improvements projects/maintenance that eat up some more time.  So I figured she was right and decided that I should strive to build an amazing and thriving reef aquarium on a smaller scale.  I have settled on a actual size of the aquarium just yet but I do feel that it will be around 20 gallons or so in total water capacity.  To make it even more challenging, I love SPS Corals so this is going to be an SPS dominated build with maybe a single Maxima clam.  So feel free to tag along on my little journey and lets see what fun can be had from this.

• Like 3
JaysLittleOcean
On 9/10/2018 at 10:08 AM, Cannedfish said:

Good luck! Following along!

Thank you.  Good to have you tagging along.

On 9/10/2018 at 10:12 AM, WV Reefer said:

Yay!!! New Tank!

Better get to work.....we need pics ASAP! 😄

Yep working on getting things sorted and will keep everyone updated with photographs and videos.