inTank Media Baskets

Rubbing Fish.

Cesar

Can it be possible that a fish can have Ich without marks on it's body? I noticed that my Royal Gramma has been rubbing a couple of times on the sand, but he has no marks of Ich. Do you think it's possible playtime when that is going on?

If it's any consolation , I used to have a blue damsel that did the same thing all the time and never had a problem . Maybe they try and remove small parasites when they do it. I would keep an eye on it for any outward signs of ich anyway just in case..

Well one day in the morning when I woke up I noticed that he had the possible ich looking thing on it's body. Just like Holyherbiness, they were gone the next day. But i just noticed that it was rubbing against the sand, but still no signs of salt as of yet (knock on wood)

if its flashing thats nota great sign. I would either try to get the gramma out (impossible) or go to the LFS and purchase Kick-Ich its a reef and invert safe ich treatment. Also may want to start soaking your good in chopped garlic, It is suppose to help the immune system of the fish

Archived