inTank Media Baskets

blood vs skunk

SBF

whats the difference between blood and skunk shrimp besides the price? do they perform different rolls?

the blood shrimps look fatter and are more red... are they harder to maintain?

blood tend to be a little more shy...(when first introduced)

i've kept bloods for couple months now and i think their shyness decreases the longer they've been in your tank. when i first got mine, i didn't see it for 2 days... after that, he's been out cleaning my fingers and stealing food like a maniac. also, if you have a large tank, get a couple of bloods, they tend to be more "brave" in groups... as for the skunk, all i hear is that they're on crack.... going crazy when they smell food.

get the shrimp that you like better, in the end, they just end up stealing food anyways... :)

i know, but blood shrimps are very expensive..... very... i mean, for a couple of bucks u can get like 20 frozen shrimps... and for 1 live one.... it will cost an arm and a leg...LOL

i'm getting rid of my peppermint, it sucks, and today while the skiunk was cleaning... the peppermint grabbed my clowns tail and tried to drag it away it happened 3 times then i had to take all the rock out and net it.....

i like blood shrimps b/c i think they're more attractive than skunks... we have locals here that sell them for $17 USD, but in the LFS, they cost about $20 - $30 depending on where you get them... if money is a concern, get the skunks...

if you don't care about money, then just get whatever pleases your eye :)

i think i might get rid of one of my peppermints, I have 2 of them and one skunk, i will get rid of one of the peppermints when i get my pistol shrimp, why did the peppermint grab your fishes tail and drag it off, i haven't seen mine doing that yet

Bloods here are $50.00, skunks are $30.00. Pepperments are $20.00 so are coral banded shrimp. I want one but I am scared to buy one that's alot of money for a blood.

The same store sells huge corals for $45.00...crazy.

Archived