damsil died.

lro67

It's hard to tell how long they can live because out in the ocean no one is out there counting or loging them in a book. My friend had a Yellow tang in his tank for 5 years and it did well. Of course he didn't have him in a 10 gallon tank either. Did you have any other fish in that tank? If you didn't you are lucky. I've said it thousands of times and i'll say it again, Damsels are aquarium nazi's. You dont want one in your tank. But then again you had yours for 2 1/2 years! Hmm...

Well my reef tank is also a 20 gallon and believe me I've had some casualties too. Mine was an Ich problem, yours I have no idea. How is your water para... doing? Or maybe damsels dont live that long?!

my water is fine. & i do 20% water change every two weeks. just wondering.my fist perc lasted for abuot 6-months. but the damsil was the very fist pice i put in the tank he was ther from the begining.(kinda bumed its kinda like looseing you first girl.)

I have one of my damsels for 5 years the other for four. I wouldn't really wish death on anything, but I will probably never buy a damsel again. Sorry about your loss.

I have a friend who has two ten year old clown fish in his 20 gallon long tank. They seem healthy and never have been ill. He uses Real Ocean Water now but he has never used salt mixes. He's always been able to buy some kind fliltered ocean water since he started his tank in early 90s.

Steve

I know the feeling. I lost a Domino last night. When lights went off it went into it's little cave in the live rock and this am it was dead. I think it's tank mate ( Neon Vevet damsel) did it in. They were getting along fine but yesterday the Neon started harrassing the domino. I put them in the tank together and they were both young. Up until yesterday they seemed to be doing fine. ???????????????All parameters of water are fine. Do a water change every week @ 10%.:(:blush:

Archived