Pod Your Reef

Tunze 6040 in Wave mode (video)

roll_the_dice

roll_the_dice

As some of you know I took over my sons 30 gallon JBJ RL tank when he went off to college.  We decided after he lost his fish not to add any since I had to move the tank about 4 hours away.  Anyway, I have made some changes in the month or so I have had the tank...

• Added 20 pounds Live rock from Caribsea Life Rock
  • Miscellaneous SPS (the LFS said Birds Nest, but looks more like Stylophora to me)
  • Apex classic Controller
  • Tunze 3155 ATO
  • 6 Line Wrasse
  • Small cleanup crew
  • Nanobox Duo (on order)
  • Tunze 6040 Powerhead
  • JBJ Nano Glo (on order)
  • In-Tank Media Basket (not installed) going to set up as refugium

I finally got the Tunze 6040 dialed in how I wanted it.  So I took a quick video this morning of it in wave mode.  I love the movement it provides.  Later in the day when the frogspawn has woken up from sleep, it really moves back and forth. 

If anyone has debated this pump, I highly recommend it.  Can't go wrong with Tunze.

Sorry for the dirty tank, was just trying to capture the top water movement and "wave" action.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, pretendo said:

Looks good I was lookingat one of these, does it make any noise? doesnt seem like it in the video but can never tell

Thanks...no It is pretty silent.  I just tried listening for it and heard nothing.  I am sitting 5 feet from it right now.  The only time I hear it is if a snail crawls up the side of the glass and is sitting and touching the power cord...It can make the snail vibrate (because of the on/off of the pump) and I can hear it against the glass....it has happened 2-3 times...I just move the cord slightly and it is silent again.