Cultivated Reef

Nanobox retro Biocube 16

Wyatt45

I was super excited today when my Nano box retro arrived. Quickly got the lid off and took everything out. There are no instructions with it and there are no videos for the bio cube 16. I could probably have made the board and the LED light fit  without modifying too much of the plastic or cutting but I decided not to. I’ve placed an email and a text into Dave and hope to hear back. It’s not the same install as on the bio cube 32 unfortunately. Too bad there are no videos or instructions. 

13 hours ago, Wyatt45 said:

Yeah I watched it as well..  it’s not.  

This is new to me then. The hoods should be the same but smaller. You will have two mounting holes for the heatsink. When you take the stock controller board out it should leave four mounting holes. The NanoBox driver board and Bluefish should mount right to it. 

I wish I could have a video for every hood but there are far to many. Send me a couple photos through email and I will help out. 

-D

2 hours ago, DaveFason said:

This is new to me then. The hoods should be the same but smaller. You will have two mounting holes for the heatsink. When you take the stock controller board out it should leave four mounting holes. The NanoBox driver board and Bluefish should mount right to it. 

I wish I could have a video for every hood but there are far to many. Send me a couple photos through email and I will help out. 

-D

It would be great if you could post here too @DaveFason, once you guys sort this out, as I have considered upgrading my Biocube 16 lighting at some point as well, but I would want to be confident about the installation process. 

The heat sink mounting holes are at least an inch off from the existing holes. In the 32 video it appears the board is mounted where the fan originally was.  On the 16 the board doesn’t fit there since the space is too small for it.  

A14A3ED0-A50C-42C2-8313-9D832C25E27F.png

C6911841-A024-4811-B284-B378E410AA6F.png

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Wyatt45 said:

The heat sink mounting holes are at least an inch off from the existing holes. In the 32 video it appears the board is mounted where the fan originally was.  On the 16 the board doesn’t fit there since the space is too small for it.  

A14A3ED0-A50C-42C2-8313-9D832C25E27F.png

C6911841-A024-4811-B284-B378E410AA6F.png

You no longer need the stock fan. However it is extremely strange that the hole pattern is different. I can cut a new heatsink today for you but will need to know the exact distance from hole to hole. 

It is hard to see in the photo. Can you move the kit and send me a photo of just the hood?

15 minutes ago, moweryj3 said:

Had the same issue ... also the White LEDs don't work on mine 😢 quite upsetting...just spent 265$ for a light that doesn't work 

I just responded to your email. The model you bought is a PLUS kit. The white and mint are mixed so you won't have a standard white looking color. I can login remotely to change the program and corresponding corrected channels. 

-Dave

21 hours ago, Wyatt45 said:

I was super excited today when my Nano box retro arrived. Quickly got the lid off and took everything out. There are no instructions with it and there are no videos for the bio cube 16. I could probably have made the board and the LED light fit  without modifying too much of the plastic or cutting but I decided not to. I’ve placed an email and a text into Dave and hope to hear back. It’s not the same install as on the bio cube 32 unfortunately. Too bad there are no videos or instructions. 

Also I did not receive any emails or text? Just want to make sure you contacted me and not someone else!

1 hour ago, DaveFason said:

Also I did not receive any emails or text? Just want to make sure you contacted me and not someone else!

I texted the number on the enclosed business card. 

36 minutes ago, Wyatt45 said:

Is that correct email?

It is. I really have no idea why I did not receive either. I will send you a message back. Steve from InTank just sent the dimensions and I will have a new heatsink out for you! Please PM me your address. 

-Dave