Coral Vue Hydros

Lost a firefish last night - looking for replacement ideas

toddrparr

Back Story:

I wanted to add a fish or two to my Biocube 32 to compliment my 2 nemos and starry blenny, something to add movement to the tank. So after much deliberation, I added a pair of firefish on Sunday. They immediately did what new firefish do, hid under the rocks in the back corner. They would both come out and eat, then dart back into the rocks, not accomplishing what I set out for. So, yesterday, I get home from work and my halloween hermit and emerald crab are playing tug of war with a dead firefish. Pretty sure it was a predator/prey case, not a sick fish and consumption case, other firefish still ok. 

I'm looking for ideas on a replacement fish that will come out and swim, look pretty and add personality to the tank. Probably something semi-aggressive, blenny is a bit grumpy.

I do not know if you can put two Blenny races together but a TS/BC Blenny might be what you were looking for.

I had a TS, which first hid and after a few days it would swim out in the open all the time. It munched on algae and would give me a weird but funny face when we had a face off. Lol.

I now have a BC, which mainly sticks to his cave (swims out some times). I just saw him nipple at my torch yesterday and if that becomes a habit, he is going back to the LFS.

I guess it’s a hit or miss.