ReefCleaners.org

Potter's 300µL micro-reef

HarryPotter

1 hour ago, Cannedfish said:

Nice! I call dibs on a piece of #10 when it finally grows into a colony! So I'll check back in a month Harry. 

Couldn’t resist as these look really healthy, already fully encrusted and growing.  I won’t have that typical 1-3 month recovery time that you get with the far-too-common 1/2” freshly cut frags 🙂 

@seabass 

Technically, my dad “bought” these. His card, for his tank. But as tank manager, I get fragging rights 😎😎😎

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Cannedfish said:

Nice! I call dibs on a piece of #10 when it finally grows into a colony! So I'll check back in a month Harry. 

1 hour ago, HarryPotter said:

Corals incoming Saturday!! 😍

HIMbLOJ.jpg

I'm gonna be real greedy and call dibs on 3, 6, and 8. HAHAHA.  

• Like 2

Damn I saw that pack posted and almost pulled the trigger on it. What an amazing collection for a great price. Definitely interested in hearing if it lives up to the hype. 

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, Griever said:

Damn I saw that pack posted and almost pulled the trigger on it. What an amazing collection for a great price. Definitely interested in hearing if it lives up to the hype. 

Super excited for the pack. After shipping, it’s really like $25 each which is a heck of a deal! If they come in healthy (I’m sure they will), Adam will definitly have more of our business to stock this tank.

They will be the first order of acros that goes in this tank. The few test acros I have in here look great- only problem in the tank is some cyano, but I haven’t set up the Vortech yet 😳. I think it might be something in our well water- despite 0TDS RODI, I have never been able to knock cyano out of the reefer without using chemiclean every 4-6 months. I’ve tried barely feeding for a month, over feeding, etc. It just appears in the low/medium flow areas of the tank 

Some stacks of goodies arrived, let there be light! Each fixture has 2 XR30 Pro, an XR15 Pro, and 4 bulbs. 

zpfA8vr.jpg

At first I thought the aquatic life fixtures were a bit flexible, but as you add fixtures the crossmembers really stiffen it up. 

The spacing here is because the side 3" or so of the fixture is blocked by the canopy, so no point wasting a puck there. 

67BXFzR.jpg

I don't have the T5s plugged in yet, need an extension. But it looks great. I set the LEDs at 50% using the SPS ab+ program, but might switch it to the program WWC uses:

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/video/view/wwc-brs-recipe-for-the-iconic-900g-reef-tank/

o79mGRj.jpg

I am totally jealous of the lighting here. I want a hybrid with 3 XR30w for my reefer xD

• Like 2
  • Wow 2
Lauraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
38 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Some stacks of goodies arrived, let there be light! Each fixture has 2 XR30 Pro, an XR15 Pro, and 4 bulbs. 

zpfA8vr.jpg

At first I thought the aquatic life fixtures were a bit flexible, but as you add fixtures the crossmembers really stiffen it up. 

The spacing here is because the side 3" or so of the fixture is blocked by the canopy, so no point wasting a puck there. 

67BXFzR.jpg

I don't have the T5s plugged in yet, need an extension. But it looks great. I set the LEDs at 50% using the SPS ab+ program, but might switch it to the program WWC uses:

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/video/view/wwc-brs-recipe-for-the-iconic-900g-reef-tank/

o79mGRj.jpg

I am totally jealous of the lighting here. I want a hybrid with 3 XR30w for my reefer xD

Weren't you using nanobox hybrids on this tank?

1 hour ago, RoboNarples2929 said:

Weren't you using nanobox hybrids on this tank?

I was, but it didn't work out. Instead went this route to get T5/LED.  Should be pretty similar, just different proportion of T5 to Led here. 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

zpfA8vr.jpg

67BXFzR.jpg

o79mGRj.jpg

The new white kit classed it up a bit vs the generic black one. 

• Like 1

First coral photoshoot! Pretty darn easy with this lighting, this is off my phone and the colors are really true

dEVZwzq.jpg

OmKvspd.jpg

lFNhqkl.jpg

H7TiTWJ.jpg

E3eNs9v.jpg

Also, added the refugium light yesterday and had pretty much half the overnight pH drop! The again, the pH range here is 7.88 to 7.93, so thats not saying much LOL. 

DUIzbCQ.png

• Like 2
On 9/28/2018 at 6:38 PM, patback said:

Harry, if you dont mind me asking...how much was that number 7 frag??  That is gorgeous. Does it have a name to search for?

It was $300 shipped for all 10 from battlecorals- so I think of it as $25 each, then $50 shipping. He called it “BattleCorals Secale”, it seems to be a variation of Purple bonsai with blue tips. A gorgeous one under whites, doesn’t need blues to show the color. 

😍

Here was the thread- he had Identical packs available, but I was first so got the WYSIWYG one 🙂 

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/bc-10-pack-like-the-good-old-days-but-way-bigger-and-way-better.459265/

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, patback said:

Thanks harry.  His prices on his site aren't bad at all.  Have you ever purchased from him beforem

Just this pack- the 10 for $299 shipped. I was thrilled, seems super cheap compared to anything I see online. Some encrusted over the plugs too. Will definitly get a another acro pack from him in the future. 

Just now, HarryPotter said:

Just this pack- the 10 for $299 shipped. I was thrilled, seems super cheap compared to anything I see online. Some encrusted over the plugs too. Will definitly get a another acro pack from him in the future. 

Just seeing what you got, I would have ordered on the spot. This past week I just told my wife, no more new stuff for a while.  Damnit.  

Good luck with all of them. Definitely got some lookers in that pack. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, patback said:

Just seeing what you got, I would have ordered on the spot. This past week I just told my wife, no more new stuff for a while.  Damnit.  

Good luck with all of them. Definitely got some lookers in that pack. 

Thanks. In a few weeks I am going to message him again, asking for another 10 pack of any “overgrown” frags or something.  

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Thanks. In a few weeks I am going to message him again, asking for another 10 pack of any “overgrown” frags or something.  

Erin just got home and I showed her the pack and she asked why I didn't just order it.  Sold out now. 😄 :slap:

1 hour ago, patback said:

Erin just got home and I showed her the pack and she asked why I didn't just order it.  Sold out now. 😄 :slap:

Shoot him a message he’ll put together custom packs for great prices. I’ve ordered from Battlecorals before and was very pleased. 

• Thanks 1

The torch coral LOVES the room and lighting here. I used to have it in the back of my reefer, being shadowed by frag racks. I think it’s getting a good amount of flow; if it was too much I wouldn’t see this much extension. 

• Haha 1
  • Wow 2

Just received a beautiful BTA from “TankLife86” on R2R. Right out of the container, it is stunning. His prices at $40 seem entirely reasonable, especially when these days when fish stores are naming anemones and charging hundreds. 

I do do want to get one of my 6”+ guys out of the reefer, but they are stuck on like a MOFO!

DZS5z88.jpg

• Like 5
  • Wow 1

Tons of goodies this morning- took a long time to unpack, dip, and replug em!! 

Photo needs some color correction, I’ll post another in a bit after I get on my laptop. Exquisite corals though! Remind me of candy 🙂 

@patback @Griever I can’t reccomend battlecorals enough. He did it again.... managed to top the first pack! Got a pair of freebies too this time! This was a non-WYSIWYG pack, only thing I asked for was to go for size over rarity since it’s for a large tanks 

Edit: actually, not to be misleading, this is a bit mixed between him and other frags- I only got 11 from BC. But the big ones are from him.  

iztOkHx.jpg

mlqQvDG.jpg

• Like 5
  • Wow 1
  • HarryPotter changed the title to Potter's 300µL micro-reef