SaltCritters.com

Potter's 300µL micro-reef

HarryPotter

HarryPotter
3 minutes ago, Griever said:

Really interested to hear your impressions on the trident and if you feel it's worth the price overall. 

Right now.... it seems very cool. Results match my Hanna checker. It is $40 for 2 months of reagent, testing 4 times per day. Lets say it takes me 7 minutes to manually test Alk/Ca/Mg. Even if we compare at testing once per day.... thats 7 hours of manual testing in 2 months.  At $40, its a no brainer! (Assuming ones time is worth more than $6 an hour) 

(Not to mention the increased stability via active dosing adjustment) 

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Now with trident! 🙂 

qeLftEA.jpg

Seems so bad ass. Could really be a game changer.. I'm wondering how well it will hold up.. I do a lot of work with HIGH dollar automation for testing water and in my experience all of said instruments become maintenance whores and the companies go back to having operators hand test their water..

Hope it works out!!! Would love to have one of them if they can hold up..

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
HarryPotter

Soooooo a few updates:

Trident is awesome. Results match Hanna checker 100%, and now it’s adjusting the dose (up to 15% adjustment from my set point) to maintain what I want. 

Added a Yellow SCOPA Tang. Not a yellow tang- a scopa. 

There was a bit of minor aggression at the beginning, so I put up a mirror. But now everyone is getting along 🙂

8eI6O9Q.jpg

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

The tank is looking nice.  Quite mature for how young it is.  The fish look great too.  Good job, and yay Live Aquaria.

• Like 2
mitten_reef
52 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Well holy crap, im actually having success with fish!? 

most of the frags don't even look like frags any more!!  This tank is moving along great, can't wait to see it in 4-6 months.  

oh and the fish are nice too 😛   

• Like 1
HarryPotter
1 minute ago, FISHnChix said:

Nice!!! So have you had any ich or fish loss since you started buying from the divers den??

Correct. Well I did lose a mandarin, I think. Or at least I haven’t seen it in a while. But all the fish from LiveAquaria Divers Den have been excellent. 

• Like 1
HarryPotter

Just ordered this from LiveAquaria. The value you get for $150 is insane; free shipping too. I’m such a fan of getting 6” colonies for the same price as a 1/2” stub.

qey7Lkp.jpg

20 hours ago, FISHnChix said:

Saw this on r2r.. some guy is giving away this tang for its the cost of shipping.. I dunno anything about this fish but apparently it's a pricey fish??🤔

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/stunning-sohal-tang-fs-indiana.591511/

I already have a Sohol Tang here, and you definitely can’t get two. Way too aggressive! But thanks 🙂 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
25 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Just ordered this from LiveAquaria. The value you get for $150 is insane; free shipping too. I’m such a fan of getting 6” colonies for the same price as a 1/2” stub.

qey7Lkp.jpg

I already have a Sohol Tang here, and you definitely can’t get two. Way too aggressive! But thanks 🙂 

Good deal...…….

I always love to see the corals coming to the LFS that size...…...and the price they pay compared to us :eek: remember one was a brown out special...……...it was huge discolored but 5 bucks :lol: never know give it some love and who knows...……….

• Like 3
1 hour ago, HarryPotter said:

ordered this from LiveAquaria. The value you get for $150 is insane; free shipping too. I’m such a fan of getting 6” colonies for the same price as a 1/2” stub.

But it doesn't have a cool name😉

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2
mitten_reef
1 hour ago, HarryPotter said:

qey7Lkp.jpg

Nice score!  I love browsing on DD, still haven't made any purchase from them yet, but getting close.  Altho, I could go for a special @HarryPotter's frag pack soon (if available)!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
HarryPotter

Everything going excellent! Did coralline scraping today so I figured I would snap a photo for followers. Apex trident has been awesome too. Super nice. 

Lokj7OD.jpg

• Like 9
  • Wow 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
On 5/24/2022 at 1:06 AM, FISHnChix said:

@HarryPotter what ever happened to this beast?

It's still running! Colonies in the tank are massive and started to shade out all the corals on the sand bed. 

14" wide Montipora 

image.thumb.jpeg.98c282b56d91a1c890473a84ffe0bdc2.jpeg

Anemone town image.thumb.jpeg.6dca61ed7ab1ca8ba64039d054154e61.jpeg

Failed goniopora skull island:

image.thumb.jpeg.28dc69dc8b08a8c757e197861e958237.jpeg

Ricordea weeds. I've had to get rid of a bunch as they creep onto main rock work, but still have a few on islands and in the sump. 

image.thumb.jpeg.87a80a9a3c810ab193e3cdc627db726a.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Wow 1
4 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

It's still running! Colonies in the tank are massive and started to shade out all the corals on the sand bed. 

14" wide Montipora 

image.thumb.jpeg.98c282b56d91a1c890473a84ffe0bdc2.jpeg

Anemone town image.thumb.jpeg.6dca61ed7ab1ca8ba64039d054154e61.jpeg

Failed goniopora skull island:

image.thumb.jpeg.28dc69dc8b08a8c757e197861e958237.jpeg

Ricordea weeds. I've had to get rid of a bunch as they creep onto main rock work, but still have a few on islands and in the sump. 

image.thumb.jpeg.87a80a9a3c810ab193e3cdc627db726a.jpeg

Yea that's awesome! But come on now need a video or at least a fts buddy.. 

And yea watch those rics everyone puts them on these islands. Doesn't matter things let go and stick where ever they want then your in trouble 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, FISHnChix said:

Yea that's awesome! But come on now need a video or at least a fts buddy.. 

And yea watch those rics everyone puts them on these islands. Doesn't matter things let go and stick where ever they want then your in trouble 

I'll see what I can do! I can't find the orange lens for my DSLR anymore.

There are a couple Acropora colonies that must remain hidden to prevent the 'rifraf from asking for frags 🤐. I learned this the hard way. No more fragging!

IMG_5885.thumb.jpeg.04f897053d4c357ee9fdd0bb00531e1d.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 2
  • HarryPotter changed the title to Potter's 300µL micro-reef