Top Shelf Aquatics

toadstool jumped off rock

sadie

My toadstool started as a blob from a larger toadstool and has been on this rock for... at least 6 yrs.  I did drop a rock on it's head a bit ago, but it healed and has been doing good.  I thought it looked funny so I touched it and it just floated away.

At the time my internet was down, so I couldn't find out what to do.  I remember ppl talking about a plastic container and some rubble, but I didn't have anything that I trusted puting in my tank.  I also remember ppl using rubber bands.  when I picked it up, it got so mad it shriveled.  I loosley put the rubber band on it and the rock.  I just checked on it and it's puffingback up, so now i'm wondering if the rubber band is too tight?

I know it's a bad picture, sorry

20180831_212250.jpg

nope, can't loosen it.  It really is just barely on there.  He floated away and got all mad again.  I guess I will leave it and see what happens.  I don't think it will hurt him though, right?  How long should it take for him to attach to the rock?

If it's too tight it will split.

It can take anywhere from a week to a few weeks to attach, depends on various reasons, how it's been fragged will alter how long it takes too.

Some ppl sew a thread through it around a rock, some use the tooth pick method, some use the rubble in plastic(tupperware), elastic band method.

Check out YouTube videos on fragging lethers

• Like 1

This toadstool has never been fragged.  I had it's parent and it got too big for my tank so I had to trade it.   It stood on 2 main rocks in my tank.  I didn't want to cut it at the base so I took my finger and every day rubbed it firmly at the base until the toadstool let go.  Took 3 days.  Left over from that, was two blobs that grew into the toad stool I have now, and another one, that I traded.

I don't know, was thinking of the thread way, but he seems happy right now, so I hate to bug him again.  The weird thing is, the new toadstool I bought, I swear he's now moving off his little plug thing.  Looks like he's inching his way over to my main rock.  I wouldn't care if he did, kinda hated that thing he came on, though it's not a real plug.

I guess I will watch him and hope he connects soon.

thanks guys!

still happy, but kinda rolled to the side.  Not sure if he can attach with his bottom in the air.  My husband keeps telling me to leave it alone.😁  But I might take him out and roll him back.

so funny, after I posted this, I walked by my tank and my toadstool was floating around.  😆 So, 10 minutes before I had to leave for work, I am pulling out my needle and thread and I tied him to the rock.  we'll see how that works.

• Haha 1