coopaloop

Half Gallon Reef Jar

1 hour ago, WV Reefer said:

I vote 12 Long! Run it across the back of your desk. 😄

Those dimensions are so tempting... I know if I get anything else I'll wind up wanting it in the end hahah I was actually thinking of the desk idea but remembered I just got a monitor. I really want to get an AIO insert, run it as a peninsula, and be able to see it on both sides. Only way I can think of doing this would be putting the stand on the side of my bed

• Like 1

Okay well the jar has seen better days... the shrooms disappeared, birds nest is a goner, blasto is pale as hell, and everything else looks pretty terrible🙃 So that's great. Going to clean it tomorrow and see how things end up

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I’ll post a pic soon but the jar is looking pretty bare and underwhelming for people that want to see it and myself as well!!! GSP is starting to open up again, orange ric and acan look good but really getting the itch for a torch and a fish. Need to make some moves on it - think I’m going to ditch the wood crate behind the jar and get a new light fixture. 

Also seeing some hydroids on the glass I think

• Like 2

Sorry to hear that it went south, but you still have the skeleton of what it was becoming! 

Can't wait to see how this progresses!

• Like 2

I tried to take out the heater and airline with this tiny 53gph pump turned all the way down:

https://www.amazon.com/Homasy-Submersible-Aquarium-Statuary-Hydroponics/dp/B07DW91KRR/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1546797492&sr=8-5&keywords=homasy+pump

The flow seemed good but it heated the jar to 84🙄 So I think the heater and airline is the only way to go

You might be able to get away with putting it on an analog timer, having it run every other 15 mins - though you would need to monitor temp swings throughout cycles and the day again.

Dive in and share your thoughts!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recommended Discussions