Coral Vue Hydros

Chalice killing everything around it as it grows.

reeferx2

When I bought this Chalice it was the size of a quarter, and sharing a frag with some zoas. Fast forward 4 years, It's now a giant and killing everything within reach. How can I remove this asshole from my tank? It's heavily encrusted. 

image.thumb.png.f349198b337300b20051f07579cf5eb9.png

Take some bone cutters, chisel or some thing to it. They do that. I put my Hollywood stunner on a raised point so not to touch anything. Twice I pulled it out and used a diamond dremel wheel to cut the outer 2 or three inches away. The clowns host it now and constantly spawn under it so now I can't move it. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, reeferx2 said:

so you think I should just trim the actual coral down? like frag this asshole? I'm so tight that I've now lost 2 great pieces. 

Fragging it or removing the others is the only other option or the chalice will continue its war path

• Like 1

Bandsaw it off put it on a frag plug and sell it to someone else :wink: If you dont have a bandsaw look for local reef clubs someone is bound to have one and and usually will help out.  Otherwise get a Dremel and cut that thing up. Your other corals on the rock will do fine out of the water while you cut that biatch up.  

• Like 3

think i'll remove the rock and bring it down to my reef shop and see if they can help. I'm not to fond of this idea. Truthfully it'll be a while before it can reach anything else to kill at this point.