Top Shelf Aquatics

Green bird's nest growing so slow

AquaVaj

Got a 1.5" frag about 2 months ago. I'm seeing little to no growth with it. I'm seeing good to great growth with my other sps. I see no distress with it. It just doesn't seem to want to grow. Always heard they grow like weeds among the sps.

12 minutes ago, AquaVaj said:

Got a 1.5" frag about 2 months ago. I'm seeing little to no growth with it. I'm seeing good to great growth with my other sps. I see no distress with it. It just doesn't seem to want to grow. Always heard they grow like weeds among the sps.

i have found that almost all of my different types of birdsnest corals grow in spurts.  i wouldn't be too worried.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, AquaVaj said:

You think I should try moving it to see if that might jump start some growth?

No. Moving corals means them needing  to acclimate all over again.

Corals need time to grow and time to acclimate to their new home.

Birdsnest in particular can take a long time to acclimate, they are easier sps but hate change and can go downhill quickly with too much change.

Be patient

• Like 2

Want to trade? Sick of pruning mine so often!

But in all seriousness, give it time and it should take off. Then you’ll wish it went back to not growing. 

• Like 2

I'm debating even keeping any of my birds nest. It shadded a lot of realestate and took up a full third of my scape before the heat spike killed the center out. I've saturated the local market with livestock trade ins. If I keep any, I'm going to keep it well groomed. May just go all in on acros and montis.