Innovative Marine Aquariums

Jaybird's 20G Reef Build

Jaybird5

Well my royal gramma does come out, especially when I cut the pumps off to feed of course. She is doing great. I just wish I had a name for her. hmm. Anywho I get these reef flakes from Ocean Nutrition because I thought they would work well, but my fish does not come to the surface, so I sink the flakes and she seems to eat them then. I bought these small fish formula sinking pellets by New Life Spectrum and they do not sink at all either. She also seems not to like them to much. Any ideas on what else to feed her? 

I also added 3 nassarius, 2 cerith, 1 astrea snail and 2 blue hermits to my tank. Everyone is okay except for the astrea snail who has not moved since I got him. 

7 minutes ago, Jaybird5 said:

I just wish I had a name for her.

How about Meghan (with her being a "royal" gramma)?

8 minutes ago, Jaybird5 said:

Any ideas on what else to feed her?

It'll take a bit before she gets comfortable and used to the foods you are using.  You might try some frozen mysis shrimp; I bet that would be a hit.  Otherwise you can mix some flakes in a cup of water and then use a turkey baster to feed the flakes.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, seabass said:

How about Meghan (with her being a "royal" gramma)?

Awe I really like that perfect! Thank you. 

2 minutes ago, seabass said:

It'll take a bit before she gets comfortable and used to the foods you are using.  You might try some frozen mysis shrimp; I bet that would be a hit.  Otherwise you can mix some flakes in a cup of water and then use a turkey baster to feed the flakes.

Okay I will pick some of those up. i really need to get a turkey baster anyway I am assuming they sell those at like every grocery store lol.

11 minutes ago, seabass said:

If it's a good price, I think that would work pretty well on a this tank.

I think I am going to do it when the seller responds to me. Its $240. I just need to start learning about corals!