Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

DCs WATERBOX Shallow40: new corals...

DCUEVAS74

Been thinkin' about doing a 36" for quite a  while now but always wanted a shallow.  Saw these after the last show and thought it would be the perfect dims for what I would like to do.  In my opinion, the 12.5" height is ideal with the center overflow.  I've got it all just about setup and ready for water.  The production on these are impressive to say the least.  The cabinet was pretty easy to build and is substantial.  The plumbing is non-glue and took about 5 minutes to install.  Sump is glass has a great amount of room for add-ons at a later date.  I am planning on adding either a macro algae reactor or algae scrubber.  Found a pretty good deal on  a Kessil Ap700 which is supposedly ideal for these dims.  Wish me luck...

IMG_1002.thumb.jpg.871a535ef7893860336ec04411b7a055.jpg

October 2018

IMG_1582.thumb.jpg.6861a9a1d11ddc8646811369319e39a8.jpg

Tank and Equipment:

WATERBOX PLATINUM FRAG 36 X 24 X 12

Apex Lite

Kessil AP700

Carib Sea Special Grade

Haitian Live Rock

Jebao DC5000

• Like 4
Christopher Marks

Wow, 36x24" is a really nice to work with, shallow reefs always turn out so cool with all that extra surface area! The Waterbox tank and stand look really sharp, it's great to see more of these come online! Looking forward to seeing what you build @DCUEVAS74! 👍

• Like 2

My plumbing was a little messed up. The return plumbing in the overflow box was to long I had to cut it. Had scratches on my stand but Waterbox took great care of me. 

C0927597-6580-4372-B8BF-3DC40AEEA3A0.jpeg

BD31DA67-C8D3-41D6-A4B5-2431C6816B2C.jpeg

12 hours ago, pmang6 said:

I think my profile pic speaks for itself. Do you have any tentative plans for the scape? My dream tank is pretty much this tank but with another 3-4" taken off the height. Basically this but with the foot print of your tank and no mountain. I know, its really not practical for a display and you cant see into it well... but I want it...

I hear you.  I think the 36" x 24" footprint is ideal.  That's the great part of this hobby.... definitely not practical LOL

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

Wow, 36x24" is a really nice to work with, shallow reefs always turn out so cool with all that extra surface area! The Waterbox tank and stand look really sharp, it's great to see more of these come online! Looking forward to seeing what you build @DCUEVAS74! 👍

Thanks Chris, these are great dims for sure.  Looking forward to documenting the progression as it matures :naughtydance:

16 hours ago, Lawnman said:

I just got the same tank Monday 🙂 following along. 

26D676B8-5246-4FB0-832D-54993B8E6A60.jpeg

16 hours ago, Lawnman said:

My plumbing was a little messed up. The return plumbing in the overflow box was to long I had to cut it. Had scratches on my stand but Waterbox took great care of me. 

C0927597-6580-4372-B8BF-3DC40AEEA3A0.jpeg

BD31DA67-C8D3-41D6-A4B5-2431C6816B2C.jpeg

Same here.  They sent me a couple of replacement pieces which were also a bit jacked but we are good to go now.  Jess was good in her responses to my concerns.  I too had to trim the return due to it being longer.  Even had extra hardware when finished.  Gotta think it is a standard hardware box for all builds.  Initially my return was super loud but has since quieted down once it has slimed.  Good luck with your new setup.  I look forward to following it along!

Thought I would post a pic of the sump for everyone to see.  I am pretty happy with the design of this sump.  I ditched the socks and decided to give the cups a whirl.  I am probably the only person in this hobby who hates sock maintenance :tongueout:.   These cups are pretty convenient.  You just pull out the filter floss and replace.  NO cleaning required.   

Sump.jpg.336910b05ebd8a8f1c63891e051f6bf0.jpg

The return was big enough for me to fit the Jebao DC5000.  It is oversized so I can run it pretty low and quiet!

Grad school family got me pretty busy but finally had a chance to take a couple of shots of the tank.  Pretty happy how things turned out and frags have settled in nicely.  I also added a pair of Divinci Clowns which are my favorite to date:

IMG_1582.jpg

IMG_1589.jpg

IMG_1595.jpg

IMG_1603.jpg

IMG_1602.jpg

• Like 5
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

It's coming along pretty well.  Been pretty knee deep in Grad School trying to get it over with lol.  I've added quite a bit of corals and looking to pickup some more tomorrow.  I will get some pics up soon.  

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2019 at 8:15 AM, got2envy said:

Hey! How are ya doing? tank looks good! :flower:

Thanks Maria-  It's all good.  Been pretty busy with grad school but the tank is still going strong.  I just hooked up a Kalkwasser Stirrer to see about getting my PH up but other than that it is full of frags!  I'll get some pics up soon just got my hands on some awesome palys :naughtydance:.  Things good with yours?

• Like 1
5 hours ago, got2envy said:

Moving in a month so kinda stressed about that but get set up a new tank , your tank looks great!

Ugh Moving is stressful but I agree, at least it means setting up a new one 🤣  You staying in DFW or back to FL?  Thanks, these WB's are pretty great!