Coral Vue Hydros

New AIO Nano Tank Setup Advice

Sinkable

Hello,

I am venturing into saltwater aquariums after a moderate break. My last tanks were up to 150G... I am looking for a nano <20G All In One set up. I have been reading a ton about Fluval and Innovative Marine tanks with different lighting for SPS, etc. My plans for the tank are really mainly coral related with 2-3 fish max. 

I also am really particular about the look of the accessories and the control of wires and excess. My home is really modern so I would want my tank to be clean with not many wires showing, etc etc. 

Thank you for the help!!

Personally, i like the innovative marine tanks more than the fluval. I would go with the fusion 20. the AI prime HD is a great choice for lighting for this tank. if you put it in the right spot you can easily hide the wires and such because the back of the tank is already black. there are some cool mounting options for the light as well. it all depends on your budget. i have the nuvo fusion 10 and i love it...i have the hipagero aqua knight light on it although you might want something stronger for sps

1 minute ago, Euphylin me said:

Personally, i like the innovative marine tanks more than the fluval. I would go with the fusion 20. the AI prime HD is a great choice for lighting for this tank. if you put it in the right spot you can easily hide the wires and such because the back of the tank is already black. there are some cool mounting options for the light as well. it all depends on your budget. i have the nuvo fusion 10 and i love it...i have the hipagero aqua knight light on it although you might want something stronger for sps

Being reef, I know it requires a budget but it is a nano... 

With your Fusion, do you have the skimmer or the media reactor, etc?

neither lol....whats nice with nanos is as long as you are good with waterchanges, a skimmer isnt necessary. but with keeping sps you might want one. i run deep blue carbon pads in the filter floss holder along with nitrate pads and filter floss. the next chamber i have some seachem biomax and chemipure blue and the last chamber i have the pump and the heater

Just now, Euphylin me said:

neither lol....whats nice with nanos is as long as you are good with waterchanges, a skimmer isnt necessary. but with keeping sps you might want one. i run deep blue carbon pads in the filter floss holder along with nitrate pads and filter floss. the next chamber i have some seachem biomax and chemipure blue and the last chamber i have the pump and the heater

I kind of like the ability to easily add on accessories with IM that I did not see the other having.

no i dont...i was thinking about getting the inkbird for the heater or the reef keeper lite. but that is completely up to you. my nano is an office tank so i am here everyday to look at it so i didnt really need a reef keeping system. sometimes a tank at home is harder to take care of because life gets in the way...thats your call

one thing i might add is that for the innovative marine tanks...even though they are small, the water evaporates like crazy. i am topping mine off everyday. for stability for sps you should definitely get an auto top off

I think it is overkill... it does look cool but overkill for me as well. 

on the lighting, is there something that is pretty unanimous as an option IM?

16 minutes ago, Sinkable said:

I think it is overkill... it does look cool but overkill for me as well. 

on the lighting, is there something that is pretty unanimous as an option IM?

Unanimous...lol.  Nothing in this hobby is unanimous 🙂

Prime HD and Nanobox are probably the most popular choices for lighting this size tank.  And just for the record, my Apex is one piece of equipment I will never get rid of.  

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, specore said:

Unanimous...lol.  Nothing in this hobby is unanimous 🙂

Prime HD and Nanobox are probably the most popular choices for lighting this size tank.  And just for the record, my Apex is one piece of equipment I will never get rid of.  

So I guess the question is whether to do IM 10 or IM 20... 

2 minutes ago, Euphylin me said:

depends on what you want to keep. personally, i wish i would have gone with the 20 but i do love my 10

I am scared of that.. you can never go up... SHOOT. Decisions!

i think you would be happier with the 20...more stability, more room for aquascape, more room for fish/corals, bigger filtration area to work with...i would go with the 20

1 minute ago, Sinkable said:

With these new AIO, what does it actually come with? All the media filters and basic stuff?

Return pump and filter socks (which most of us throw out).  Check inTank.com and search by tank to see available accessories.  

• Like 1
Just now, specore said:

Return pump and filter socks (which most of us throw out).  Check inTank.com and search by tank to see available accessories.  

+1....i only run filter socks after i clean the sandbed and glass and then after a few hours i take it out and rinse it and store it till next time. and yes i would upgrade the pump to a sicce

How does this look for a beginning:

- IM Nuvo 20G Tank

- IM Nuvo 20G Stand

- MiniMax Media Reactor

- Ghost Protein Skimmer

- Nanobot Duo Plus Light with 15" Gooseneck

- 2x InTank Media Basket ** (do i need one for each side? or should i do one fuge and one media?)

- 1x Sicce Return Pump (second return will come straight from media reactor)

- Tunze Nanostream Pump (open to suggestions)

- 20LB Live Sand

- ~20 ish lbs of Live Rock

Iove my IM 25g lagoon. Simple clean system. I hate seeing equipment and wires.

AI Prime, aqamai Kps wavemaker, stock pump, diy stand.

I see 1 wire from the aqamai and it blends into the tanks back wall so no biggy.