Innovative Marine Aquariums

Wyatt45 Biocube 16

Wyatt45

12 hours ago, Wyatt45 said:

Check out one of new residents!  He’s a little fickle about his house. 

What's in the front corner of the tank half way through the video?  Looks like a hammer coral possibly? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2018 at 2:09 PM, Wyatt45 said:

Perfect. Sounds good.  So just to confirm you don’t add rodi water really?  Just the saltwater after a water change?  We have the same tank and live close by (Roseville) so I can mimic what you do.

In my old Nanocube I used to keep a plastic bottle (maybe 48 oz) under the stand with RO/DI and just use it to top off the water every couple of days, or when I thought about it.  You don't have to be militant about it, but still the more often the better.  

1 hour ago, Wyatt45 said:

What method do you all use to attach corals to your rock? What products specially?

I always float the coral bags for 20 min to temp acclimate and then dip with coralRX for 10 min before placing into the tank. 

I like IC Gel by bsi to attach them, but any super glue works.  

I normally try to cut the coral off of the frag plug (plugs are eye sores) with bone cutters and then glue the base directly to the rock. 

25 minutes ago, Wyatt45 said:

Question: how do you keep track of all the little snails that you add?  When they die doesn’t that create issues (ammonia) etc?

Unless a bunch of them die at the same time, you probably won't notice a difference because the biofilter will convert the little bit of ammonia to nitrite and nitrate.  Scavengers like Nassarius Snails, crabs, or shrimp will clean up anything dead fairly quickly.

On 9/29/2018 at 8:50 AM, Jackal227 said:

Found the Urchin taking a Trochus snail for a ride 😅:

y4mrl57G-9LHYsPjVmeLK0e_VOUwMgfsFOTGbUhN

The urchin seems to only carry them around for a few hours then let's them go. 

I've also noticed that my hammer has sweepers out most of the time.   My Frogspawn never did this so it might be something that I have to watch out for as it gets bigger. 

y4mhMaUJXBKUnUMpeoeIeKE5exiOeceP15iBk4it

My hammer that babsophia gave me has some long sweepers as well. 

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Wyatt45 said:

Fun video from my tank

That's a great video.  I've always liked the shrimp and Goby combos.  What coral is that to the right of your Duncan? 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Haven’t posted in awhile.  Been on autopilot and working a lot.  However, came home tonight with flicker8ng lights and a ton of bubbles in tank.  Looks like something malfunctioned in my Nanobox retro light.  There was a melted hole from the light in the plastic shield on the lid.  Guess I’ll be going back to stock lights and will need a new shield. Hope I can get one quickly. 

AD48CFFA-61E9-4854-9EA3-91B15C7F721B.jpeg

29 minutes ago, Wyatt45 said:

Haven’t posted in awhile.  Been on autopilot and working a lot.  However, came home tonight with flicker8ng lights and a ton of bubbles in tank.  Looks like something malfunctioned in my Nanobox retro light.  There was a melted hole from the light in the plastic shield on the lid.  Guess I’ll be going back to stock lights and will need a new shield. Hope I can get one quickly. 

AD48CFFA-61E9-4854-9EA3-91B15C7F721B.jpeg

Oh nooo... maybe post in 916 and see if anyone local has a lid they’re not using if they’ve popped theirs off? I think Coralife responds pretty quickly to ship stuff out too.