In the process...

83wdp8ij.jpg

A dilemma I ran into...

hskh4l5m.jpg

Coming together....

hle2fck5.jpg

Updated fts 11/12/18

20181112_164134.jpg

Updated fts 3/13/1920190313_185610.thumb.jpg.45e6f5a49296209686c34579137570ad.jpg

20190313_185610.jpg

• Like 8

Rock and equipment will be here mid-late week.  I need to move the pictures behind the tank higher or to another wall and then transfer all the equipment and inhabitants from the 8 gallon over to the 170.  Pictures will come as all this happens. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, patback said:

Packaging removed, dilemma solved, plumbing installed, and waiting to get wet....

3ttlkrh5.jpg

Did you dump some water into the overflow to make sure none of the bulkheads are leaking? Put a few inches in and let it sit overnight and check. 

• Like 1
Just now, Lawnman said:

Did you dump some water into the overflow to make sure none of the bulkheads are leaking? Put a few inches in and let it sit overnight and check. 

I put half a water bottle in there a few days ago and it's still there now.  I will be filling up that section first the day before everything is to be transferred to make sure all is leak proof.  

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, spectra said:

Cats like WTF is this :lol:

Ah and it wasnt the cheap screwdriver either it was the coronas..........

Neither of them would stay the hell away from the sump.  They think because their cat-tree  was there, that makes it their spot or something.  

Corona shmarona.... it was the crappy hardware. 

• Like 2
Just now, Sancho said:

Hell of an upgrade from the cat condo! Is that a Hydra 26? 

Hell yeah it is. We actually got them a new cat tree that matched the living room more and wasnt so ratty looking. That will go where the old tank is now.  For now, it is a tripping/firehazard in the middle of the hallway.

Light is indeed a hydra 26.  It comes with the red sea 170 "deluxe"

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, Sancho said:

Nice. You have a basement? If I had cats and god forbid a cat condo that thing would be banished to the basement. 

We ended up renewing our lease for another year, so no basement yet. 

13 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

1 box of nice Manado Indonesia rock would be the cats ass in that tank.

I just got 7 lbs of it live Friday from my buddy. It’s in a bucket with a power head waiting for go time! 

What kind of rock you doing Mike? You still have that little tank going? 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, patback said:

I put half a water bottle in there a few days ago and it's still there now.  I will be filling up that section first the day before everything is to be transferred to make sure all is leak proof.  

Awesome that’s what I did. 

What return you using?

1 minute ago, Lawnman said:

Awesome that’s what I did. 

What return you using?

I'm honestly not sure. I got 2 or 3 return pumps in the closet that I'm going to try out.  If they aren't moving enough water I'll end up picking up a new one.  Any recommendation?  

The return will be supplemented with the two mp10s on the back walls.  

• Like 1

I used the Sicce Syncra 2.0 around 500 gph. I just use the return for turnover I always get the flow from Vortechs. 2 mp10’s will be perfect I only used 1. 

• Thanks 1

*Ching...sparkle sparkle*

fmievg6x.jpg

Wife thought the rock came in.  She's actually super disappointed.  I might be able to make her into a reefer.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

So the plumbing all held up.  No leaks.

Mock of the rock scape.

Right side will be changed. Left side will stay (puttied up already)

9r8mch8o.jpg

Right side will probably be similar.  I just dont like how clunky it looks.  Middle pillar will have something tall on it. Thinking either torch or I'll TRY some sort of branching sps colony.  

• Like 3
39 minutes ago, patback said:

So the plumbing all held up.  No leaks.

Mock of the rock scape.

Right side will be changed. Left side will stay (puttied up already)

9r8mch8o.jpg

Right side will probably be similar.  I just dont like how clunky it looks.  Middle pillar will have something tall on it. Thinking either torch or I'll TRY some sort of branching sps colony.  

i like it and i agree, that top rock on the right looks too dense or something.

Looks different  in the tank.  I took out the big bridge though.  I'll see how I feel about it when the sand is all around it.  It might look too short.  Thinking about putting the left side on egg rate to keep it up out of the sand. Time will tell.

Hopefully I will get sand and water in tomorrow, but am working all weekend.  😞

7r68298u.jpg

Also, better pics and lighting tomorrow too.  Haha. 

• Like 6

I am officially known as weird water guy at walmart.  Only was able to get 10 gallons at lfs the other day and they would have closed by the time I got there today.  Rodi unit is in my mom's basement somewhere and would need new membranes most likely.  So here's 20 gallons and the wife is now running out for 10 more.

e49kzeja.jpg

bsptehqe.jpg

nxv8ynw4.jpg

7jlhxoh8.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1