inTank Media Baskets

4 minutes ago, Sancho said:

They make babies??? :lol: I thought they just came in one size. 

Every once in a while you can find a dead skeleton or a living one with a dead spot.  They sort of grow for a little bit and then pop off and float away to do it's own thing.  

• Like 1

I've apparently met my limit for uploading. Got some more pics pics ok ming whenever I can upload more.

Hard to make out, but the jawbreaker pic is trying to show that there is a baby coming up from beneath it.  

20181112_170617.jpg

• Like 2

@HarryPotter just ordered my first doser.  Went with the jebao. I will need to figure out where exactly I am going to put it and a spot for some containers.  I'm sure there has got to be something already made to slide in next to the sump on the red sea line.  If not, maybe a custom reservoir for behind the tank.  

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, patback said:

@HarryPotter just ordered my first doser.  Went with the jebao. I will need to figure out where exactly I am going to put it and a spot for some containers.  I'm sure there has got to be something already made to slide in next to the sump on the red sea line.  If not, maybe a custom reservoir for behind the tank.  

I used the jebao doser for a long time, worked pretty well. I would still be using it if I didn’t find a great deal on the BRS ones, so I could program w. the apex. 

I dont know the dimensions of the compartment you’re referring to, but there are some pretty slim dosing containers!

Just for my own records...

.25 nitrate

450 calcium

7.1 alk.

Anyone else that may want to chime in... so that stylo I got... had polyps all the way down the stem of the frag plug.  Today, none on the stem and none in two little spots.  The rest are opened up and look great though.  Not sure what it could be.  No pests that I can see and no zoanthids I know of that would go specifically at stylos.... right?  I'm wondering if I pushed to hard on it when glowing it down and killed parts of it?  Also, it doesnt look like any stn/rtn.   

Lights are dimming down now so it is difficult to get a good picture, but I think you can see that some polyps are pulled in tight and some are randomly missing.

20181113_185234.jpg

12 hours ago, patback said:

Just to end on a good note...

It's hard to get a good picture of pistols.  

20181112_182648.jpg

20181112_182654.jpg

20181112_182649.jpg

I love shrimp/goby pairs and ywg is my favorite.  I plan to have a pair like that in the fish fortress.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, spectra said:

Is that a candy cane pistol?

And the cat and no beer in 2 weeks............sad just sad :lol:

Yup

Lmao. It's a hard life I live.

This cat in particular insists on "cuddling"  you cant even sleep alone because she will squirm her way under your arm so it's like you're spooning her.

She also wakes you up by licking your face.  

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, patback said:

Yup

Lmao. It's a hard life I live.

Had a candy cane love them they stay small...........now have a tiger and that thing drags shit all around the tank........it hides with the yashi under the rocks.....

Cats :tears:

3 minutes ago, patback said:

This cat in particular insists on "cuddling"  you cant even sleep alone because she will squirm her way under your arm so it's like you're spooning her.

She also wakes you up by licking your face.  

Would send it flying............I wont even let mrs crossfit wake me up licking me :lol:

• Haha 2
40 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Our new kitten likes to be a damn gopher lol. He crawls under the dog bed, under blankets and boxes...he's a weird one

How old is it?  My dog when she was a puppy used to tuck herself in under blankets to go to sleep.  

Post a picture of her/him.

DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 minute ago, patback said:

How old is it?  My dog when she was a puppy used to tuck herself in under blankets to go to sleep.  

Post a picture of her/him.

He's 7 months old... little terror lol

He's the white one. I actually managed to get a pic of all three sleeping...very rare

IMG_20181022_192223.jpg

• Like 1
Just now, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

He's 7 months old... little terror lol

He's the white one. I actually managed to get a pic of all three sleeping...very rare

IMG_20181022_192223.jpg

:lol: I notice the cats took over the dog bed and the dog is sort of just squeezing in on the side.  

• Like 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
5 minutes ago, patback said:

:lol: I notice the cats took over the dog bed and the dog is sort of just squeezing in on the side.  

Yeah poor dog puts up with a lot that's for sure. She was sitting on the bed the other night waiting to go to bed and the kitten was on his back licking her leg and then biting her lol. She just sat there with this look of like "wtf why did you guys get this white thing" 

My older cat is 10 and he does get pretty annoyed with the kitten. All the kitten wants to do is stalk and wrestle. They play for a short period of time then the older ones like I'm done with you now go away lol

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Yeah poor dog puts up with a lot that's for sure. She was sitting on the bed the other night waiting to go to bed and the kitten was on his back licking her leg and then biting her lol. She just sat there with this look of like "wtf why did you guys get this white thing" 

My older cat is 10 and he does get pretty annoyed with the kitten. All the kitten wants to do is stalk and wrestle. They play for a short period of time then the older ones like I'm done with you now go away lol

Hahaha. We have sisters from the same litter.  About a year and a half old and every morning it sounds like horses are running through the living room and bedroom.  They just chase eachother, jump on us trying to sleep, run back towards the couch and repeat for 15-20 minutes.  Kittens definitely like their playtime.  

• Like 2