SaltCritters.com

23 minutes ago, patback said:

I am officially known as weird water guy at walmart.  Only was able to get 10 gallons at lfs the other day and they would have closed by the time I got there today.  Rodi unit is in my mom's basement somewhere and would need new membranes most likely.  So here's 20 gallons and the wife is now running out for 10 more.

e49kzeja.jpg

bsptehqe.jpg

nxv8ynw4.jpg

7jlhxoh8.jpg

😉 

5993DC29-597E-4BFC-B4EF-A65617ECC76F.jpeg

I recommend the filter cup 150% F that sock! 

FDC61662-A5E4-471D-A379-1FCB375DDDF0.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
16 minutes ago, Lawnman said:

😉

I was hearing about that. What exactly is it?  For passively running carbon or something?

43 minutes ago, patback said:

I was hearing about that. What exactly is it?  For passively running carbon or something?

It’s a cup that replaces the filter sock. You just drop it in the sock hole. It holds floss. A lot easier to dump floss than clean a sock every 3 days. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Lawnman said:

😉

:lol: I forgot you sold your RODI. 

Those media cups are awesome! Socks just be nasty.  

2 minutes ago, Sancho said:

I'll probably pick one up.  I was planning on changing the mesh sock out anyway.  Mesh aint catching shit imo.

Tomorrow the plan for the tank is to bring all the extra equipment shit over to the new tank and do a full on transfer.  Need to pick up a gfci receptacle adapter. 

38 minutes ago, Sancho said:

I bought another :lol: I’m just impatient!

32 minutes ago, patback said:

I'll probably pick one up.  I was planning on changing the mesh sock out anyway.  Mesh aint catching shit imo.

Tomorrow the plan for the tank is to bring all the extra equipment shit over to the new tank and do a full on transfer.  Need to pick up a gfci receptacle adapter. 

Do you have a running tank? I thought you had one with a nanobox light!?!?

8 minutes ago, Lawnman said:

I bought another :lol: I’m just impatient!

Do you have a running tank? I thought you had one with a nanobox light!?!?

Yup. I have an 8 gallon cube running but not much in it.  Flaming prawn, ywg, and another small goby with a very small amount of coral.

I have a way oversized heater in the 8 gallon checked by an rkl, the 2 mp10s, and the nanobox is also going to be used for the sump most likely. 

Seems like everything survived the transfer.  Got lots of stuff to move around and glue.  AI's acclimation setting is a pretty cool feature.  

We might go up to the lfs to pick out something small.  It's nice to actually have room for stuff. 

On 8/24/2018 at 5:28 PM, patback said:

I am officially known as weird water guy at walmart.  Only was able to get 10 gallons at lfs the other day and they would have closed by the time I got there today.  Rodi unit is in my mom's basement somewhere and would need new membranes most likely.  So here's 20 gallons and the wife is now running out for 10 more.

e49kzeja.jpg

bsptehqe.jpg

nxv8ynw4.jpg

7jlhxoh8.jpg

"E" stands for F'n Awesome!  

I like the bottom pic.....scape looks great for that tank.

Congrats on the new tank, P-Cakes .... you might finish yours before I finish mine. 😁

• Thanks 1
34 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

"E" stands for F'n Awesome!  

I like the bottom pic.....scape looks great for that tank.

Congrats on the new tank, P-Cakes .... you might finish yours before I finish mine. 😁

I wanted to get daytime shots but didn't have time today. Just flicked the lights on to get this.  I still got to find a place for everything and glue it all down, plus take frags off the rock from the old tank and sump the old rock. 

86dk2yr5.jpg

Also still trying to tidy up the sump area some more.  Everything is tangle free and zip tied but need to secure the bundles of wires against the walls so they aren't in the way.

sn24zew9.jpg

Equipment is rkl, 2 mp10s, titanium heater, 150s skimmer, and a Rio return pump.  A lot of people complained about the stock ato, but it seems to be working pretty good.  I do still have an old jbj ato and aqualifter if needed. 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, patback said:

In other news, the sleeve on the rod for the one mp10 shattered.  So I'm looking for a new wet side if anyone has one they want to sell. 

I would just buy a new one. You don’t want someone elses headache. 

• Like 1

I did some things today. Got the new westside in the mail and got it back on track.  Erin also wanted to pick some things up.  Went for 1 or 2 baby clowns, left with no fish but a few coral and inverts. 

Thing is huge.  Bigger than a golfball.

mu3y3gd8.jpg

Erin insisted on the fan worm

wjtk95vr.jpg

Nice size colony of candycanes for 20 bucks

zaqxx622.jpg

Torch.... super excited about this. Same type that I lost a long time ago.  I grew a single, dime sized polyp bailout into a grape fruit sized skeleton with probably around 12ish heads.

h3mrux34.jpg

Sun coral

5tmdeumi.jpg

This is another "erin" coral.  It is nice.... wired purple color with turquoise randomly around it

cl8xsc4v.jpg

Three sexy shrimp

dkhwu54m.jpg

Still needing to move stuff around. 

2x4tpreg.jpg

Moon lights,  room lights off.

3v3dc8br.jpg

• Like 2

Also as a question, has anyone used gorilla glue in their tanks?  Found some big tubes of glue which I've been looking for for a while, but most glues have cyanoacrylate.... gorilla glue has ETHTL cyanoacrylate.... I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not. 

Sun coral looks good just make sure to feed it........I love them but taking care of them sometimes isnt my thing........

What are you gluing the corals ? I just use ICE Gel I love the stuff....I also had some 2 part epoxy sticks I picked up at HD and it worked also. Just look for drinking water safe on the package.......if it says that your good to go......

• Thanks 1

Yup. Coral.  I'm thinking of taking a crap coral and a small Tupperware of water and just doing an experiment to see if it's safe.  I need to pick up more two part stuff.  

I made sure to put the sun coral in an accessible spot.  I originally wanted it upside down but that makes feeding each head a PITA.

2 hours ago, DaveFason said:

Great start and the aqua scape looks killer!

Thanks Dave!  I'm really happy with out the smaller side worked out. Not amazed by the right side, but am thinking once I get more coral and let stuff grow in, it should be good. 🙂

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
12 hours ago, spectra said:

Sun coral looks good just make sure to feed it........I love them but taking care of them sometimes isnt my thing........

What are you gluing the corals ? I just use ICE Gel I love the stuff....I also had some 2 part epoxy sticks I picked up at HD and it worked also. Just look for drinking water safe on the package.......if it says that your good to go......

Oh damn I keep buying the stuff from my lfs. I didn't know I could get the 2 part at home depot... Thanks Spectra :smilie:

• Like 2
13 hours ago, patback said:

Also as a question, has anyone used gorilla glue in their tanks?  Found some big tubes of glue which I've been looking for for a while, but most glues have cyanoacrylate.... gorilla glue has ETHTL cyanoacrylate.... I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not. 

I have used the gorilla glue gel on about 5 lps frags.. well glowing the frag plug to the rocks. never saw any negative effects. Skimmer didn't act up or anything weird.. dunno if its truly ok to use lol

Cool sun coral ! I love those things but being nps I am with spectra it was a pain in the butt feeding it. 

• Like 2
On 8/24/2018 at 8:28 PM, patback said:

e49kzeja.jpg

bsptehqe.jpg

nxv8ynw4.jpg

7jlhxoh8.jpg

Love the scape

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Oh damn I keep buying the stuff from my lfs. I didn't know I could get the 2 part at home depot... Thanks Spectra :smilie:

Yes its way cheaper to :lol: unless your like me I got one of those giant purple sticks from my LFS for like 8 bucks........ I think they screwed up on the price.......

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
4 hours ago, spectra said:

Yes its way cheaper to :lol: unless your like me I got one of those giant purple sticks from my LFS for like 8 bucks........ I think they screwed up on the price.......

That's the ones I get. Looks like Coraline lol

• Like 1