Coral Vue Hydros

Fluval Evo 13.5 Peninsula

medinar83

Decided to document the Fluval Evo 13.5 journey on Nano-Reef 

Received the tank July 20th from Amazon, no damage thank god! 

Mostly set up for my 4 and 2 yr old daughters, had to breakdown my IM 25 gallon a few months ago due to being away for work, huge money loss as expected so I didn't see myself coming back for some time, but we got the itch right away, love this hobby and the community. 

Plans were to keep the tank completely stock and ultra low budget, reason I got this set up in the first place, well that changed a week later when everything stock went out the window.... keeping it simple still though 

Replaced the following 

Light  AI Prime HD 

Sicce 1.0 pump 

Hydor nano power head 

Chamber one filter floss 

Chamber two In-tank Media basket w/ filter floss, chemi-pure and Fluval bio rings 

Weekly 3 gal water changes

pic below is from 7/25

I have since added a few pieces of coral more pics coming 

IMG_0459 (1).JPG

IMG_20180812_130519.jpg

IMG_0590.JPG

IMG_20180807_163825-01.jpeg

IMG_20180812_112615.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Nice setup, always love a good AIO. I think your derasa clam is actually a squamosa though. They usually have 5 ridges in their shell and have those 'plates' that protrude from their shells.

On 8/17/2018 at 8:19 PM, Joevember said:

Nice setup, always love a good AIO. I think your derasa clam is actually a squamosa though. They usually have 5 ridges in their shell and have those 'plates' that protrude from their shells.

Thank you! We had this discussion over on R2R regarding what clam it was, not sure everyone said it was a Derasa, either way its an awesome piece to have in the tank. 

• Like 1

Just hit the 1 month mark, unfortunately it seems as my clowns have Ich, could it be that I added to much coral to fast? (hard to see more corals on the other side some are small pieces) Throwing off the water levels as I would drip acclimated everything then supplement the water, Being to impatient and I know thats a huge NO in this hobby 😞 Corals though are doing great. 

Goal is to keep the Nano simple and clutter free I hope 

IMG_20180819_154028.jpg

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ninjamyst said:

It's very unlikely to get ich from corals.  It's possible but very very unlikely.  Most likely, your clowns had ich from the start but started showing symptoms now.  tank looks great!

Thank you! Good to know, I'll definitely keep it safe for future purchases on fish 

• 1 month later...
On 10/24/2018 at 7:39 AM, Daniel91 said:

Tank looks great.

Your conch is nice!! Is that a tiger?

Not 100% on what type to be honest, but he is a work horse! Awesome addition 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

quick lil update, ups and down, I've since added/moved things around, pics are from 3-4 days, just yesterday, I lost that amazing plate coral to brown jelly 😞

Screenshot_20190202-133956_2 (1).png

Screenshot_20190202-133948_2.png

• 2 months later...

After a major crash and loosing most of my corals I decided to go bare-bottom. Enjoying the look and the ease of maintenance at this point 

20190416_181314.jpg

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
LongBeachReefer

Looks good bare bottom. Careful with the gsp though. Gonna take over the bottom in no time and eventually move up the rocks and side glass.