Coral Vue Hydros

Sicce Pump Heating Tank

Daniel91

I just replaced the Stock pump of the Fusion 10.

Up until now my tank has almost always been at ~79 throughout the night.

Even with a house temperature of 76, I woke up to a tank running 81.5 degrees. (I had my temp controller and fans set at 82 to test)

Is this heat increase normal for the Sicce .5?

Not sure about normal or not. Some heating occurs with all pumps (obviously some more than others). However, 82 degrees isn't too hot, if you can keep it fairly stable.

13 hours ago, Daniel91 said:

I just replaced the Stock pump of the Fusion 10.

Up until now my tank has almost always been at ~79 throughout the night.

Even with a house temperature of 76, I woke up to a tank running 81.5 degrees. (I had my temp controller and fans set at 82 to test)

Is this heat increase normal for the Sicce .5?

I have the same pump and tank. I get over 82 inside the apartment temp and the tank runs cooler.  If that’s the only recent change maybe a defective pump. 

Bigger pump, more power draw, more heat.

Nothing is 100% efficient in converting electricity into mechanical energy and the rest of that energy is released as heat and sound. Most pumps of similar build quality will have roughly the same efficiency, which means they need more power to push more water. More power, with the same efficiency, means more heat. The smaller the tank, the less water you have to absorb that heat and the more effect a pump is going to have on the temperature.