inTank Media Baskets

Tank slightly off level after move

aerotiy

Hello all -

Yesterday was a pretty busy day as I moved my little reef across town from my apartment into my new home. The tank had been on carpet and I had never noticed it being off before.

Once it was filled and everyone was settled however, I noticed the water line appeared higher at the front of the tank than the back. A ruler showed 3” from the rim to the front water line, and 4” from the rim to the back by the sump.

I went to Home Depot and got a level and this is what it shows:46E298F7-0BF5-4CEB-A6FC-80A2600E0C06.thumb.jpeg.8da71fd3aa2b5d8e4370cd8def45086e.jpegC9F3B60E-138C-4894-A708-C9B7F1DD6F0B.thumb.jpeg.f874f5e51f067dc0afda309b87f790f6.jpeg

Red Sea’s setup guide states to place the aquarium rear and sides flush with the cabinet which is what I’ve done - this leaves the front end hanging off the side:

5EFE8526-69C2-4CD1-8801-EEFDDE39B8FE.thumb.jpeg.7541259c97678aeab6dfb7378d46c1f4.jpeg

I’ve searched a lot of other forums and gotten mixed answers about this. Some say they’ve never leveled their tanks over the years and never had an issue, others say it’s bound to result in a seam failure due to extra stress. I guess I just wanted to get some more opinions on what I should do. Is this much of a lean a big issue with a small tank? Should I drain halfway and shim it?

Thanks for any input!!

Definitely shim it. If for nothing else, it just looks sloppy not being leveled IMO, but I guess I'm OCD when it comes to those sorts of things. Either way, not worth the risk for a super easy fix.

• Thanks 1