Cultivated Reef

Banasophia’s Biocube 16 & IM Nuvo 10 ☀️

banasophia

18 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Katie got me the clip on filters 👍. I'm gonna try them out tomorrow night. See how they turn out.

Your pics look awesome 🙂

Yay, that’s great!!! You are going to love them! What kind did she get for you? Can’t wait to see some pics! 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Sancho said:

Your pics are always awesome. Can’t wait see what you post with the new tripod. 

I think I may be able to get some nice shots of the fish now since I can set it up and wait for them to swim into the frame... almost seems like cheating though haha 

• Haha 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
25 minutes ago, banasophia said:

Yay, that’s great!!! You are going to love them! What kind did she get for you? Can’t wait to see some pics! 

Um. It says marine coral filter. She said it has good reviews, so will see.

IMG_20181225_195114.jpg

• Like 2
1 minute ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Um. It says marine coral filter. She said it has good reviews, so will see.

IMG_20181225_195114.jpg

Cool, why wait until tomorrow, I think you should go ahead and give it a shot, so to speak! Oh, you’re probably in the midst of festivities still... we had our big celebration last night so we’re just assembling stuff and chilling out now.

I need to take care of the tanks tonight... water changes and damage control are on the agenda. My macro algae came off its rock a few days ago and tumbled around the tank knocking some stuff down, but I’ve been so busy getting ready for Christmas I didn’t have time to deal with it. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
1 minute ago, Sancho said:

My pics always look to blue unless I use the DSLR. I’ve got a filter but don’t like the way the pics turn out. 

You have a clip-on but you don’t like it? I’m surprised... I love using mine. What kind do you have? 

DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 minute ago, banasophia said:

Cool, why wait until tomorrow, I think you should go ahead and give it a shot, so to speak! Oh, you’re probably in the midst of festivities still... we had our big celebration last night so we’re just assembling stuff and chilling out now.

I need to take care of the tanks tonight... water changes and damage control are on the agenda. My macro algae came off its rock a few days ago and tumbled around the tank knocking some stuff down, but I’ve been so busy getting ready for Christmas I didn’t have time to deal with it. 

I'm home now. Watching TV, I'm pretty drunk at the moment lol. I may still use it quick.

How did your feast turn out last night? Did you have a good time?

• Haha 1
Just now, banasophia said:

You have a clip-on but you don’t like it? I’m surprised... I love using mine. What kind do you have? 

Don’t remember...but you have to turn it and it doesn’t seem to work well with the new phone 

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

Well here are some quick picks. This is with the orange, I'll mess with the magnifier and yellow tomorrow. Tanks lights are only on for another 45 mins.

IMG_20181225_200529.jpg

IMG_20181225_200552.jpg

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Well here are some quick picks. This is with the orange, I'll mess with the magnifier and yellow tomorrow. Tanks lights are only on for another 45 mins.

IMG_20181225_200529.jpg

IMG_20181225_200552.jpg

Where’s the nanorox? 

3 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

IMG_20181225_200529.jpg

IMG_20181225_200552.jpg

Wow, looks great!!! Nice pictures even though intoxicated haha. I usually just use my orange filter, but good to have the other options. 

My Christmas was really nice... some mishaps with the meal, but overall very enjoyable night. How was was yours? 

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
3 minutes ago, Sancho said:

Where’s the nanorox? 

I'm gonna be putting it in soon. Katie got me two aquamai wave makers for my 75... She didn't realize she got me the smaller ones. It's ok cause I'm taking the pumps out of my 20 and I'm going to use one of the kps in that tank and the put the other in the 75 and add a kpm also for that.

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
5 minutes ago, banasophia said:

Wow, looks great!!! Nice pictures even though intoxicated haha. I usually just use my orange filter, but good to have the other options. 

My Christmas was really nice... some mishaps with the meal, but overall very enjoyable night. How was was yours? 

It was good, went to my in-laws yesterday for dinner and presents, then to my aunt's with my side of the family. We try to keep it easy, I hate driving everywhere lol.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Sancho said:

Ride em cowboy 🤠......my emeralds were zoa and acan eating mo fos. I had to banish them to the terlet tank. 

Yeah, I really wanted to banish my cleaner shrimp and my emeralds at one point in the past, but now I’m really glad I couldn’t catch them at the time.

My emeralds get into all kinds of shenanigans so they’re pretty entertaining. And with all my invasive corals, I figure they may keep the ecosystem in check, as long as they just take a nibble here and there. 

1 hour ago, micoastreefing said:

I wish I can have a tank & golden pic. But my dog is a dummy and afraid to come down to the basement. For all accounts, that’s actually a good thing he doesn’t wanna come down. 😄

Your golden is so gorgeous... him with your tank would probably be too much of a good thing anyway. 💛💛💛

My dogs usually don’t take much interest, this older pic is usually more like it:

3FFDC993-F206-421E-9551-686B0E8C9095.thumb.jpeg.b8df9833f700bc03065d530132b63871.jpeg