SaltCritters.com

Banasophia’s Biocube 16 & IM Nuvo 10 ☀️

banasophia

7 hours ago, Jackal227 said:

They look good.  Are they from 3 different frags or did they spread? 

🙂 Thanks. Three totally different frags, and a bit hard to tell from the pics, but the polyps look fairly different.

It’s possible the third one could be something else, not a pipe organ. The LFS owner wasn’t sure on the ID, and its hard tubes have a bit different structure. If anyone can ID it, let me know. 

Okay, want to keep track here... I’m now on week 4 using Kent Tech I iodide, and I just did my first addition of Seachem Reef Fusion 1 & 2 for calcium and alkalinity. 🤞Tanks have been responding well to the iodide. Wondering if all the invasive corals I stocked in my Biocube, which have been growing really slowly up to this point, are going to suddenly start growing rapidly and create a jungle in there... 😬😯😂

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, SURVEYMAN46123 said:

Tanks look great!   Jealous of the torches.

Thanks so much. ☺️ I love torches, but they sure are strong stingers, so they definitely can pose some challenges in small tanks! 

SURVEYMAN46123
3 minutes ago, banasophia said:

Thanks so much. ☺️ I love torches, but they sure are strong stingers, so they definitely can pose some challenges in small tanks! 

Oh tell me about it.   That's why mine are on their own separate island.

• Like 1

Okay, so this is what happens when I don’t feed some frozen to my emeralds on time each night... no slack, they go right for the pipe organs... 

9EDC46B9-7575-4474-A735-77F676067779.thumb.jpeg.b31f886ae452e520dddd51f5ee0f393f.jpeg

• Sad 1
42 minutes ago, banasophia said:

Okay, so this is what happens when I don’t feed some frozen to my emeralds on time each night... no slack, they go right for the pipe organs... 

9EDC46B9-7575-4474-A735-77F676067779.thumb.jpeg.b31f886ae452e520dddd51f5ee0f393f.jpeg

Sounds like it's time to put crab on the dinner menu! :tongueout:

• Haha 1

On the bright side, the other emerald worked on removing the algae from my yellow sea whip tonight. (Sorry about the audio, Bodyguard was playing in the background and I couldn’t mute the sound.)

Just now, Lula_Mae said:

Sounds like it's time to put crab on the dinner menu! :tongueout:

Well I DO love crab cakes haha!!!

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1
1 hour ago, saxplayer said:

Tank is looking fantastic!

Thanks so much! Going out of town on business next week, just hoping the tanks make it without incident while I’m away. 🤞🙂

8 minutes ago, banasophia said:

Thanks so much! Going out of town on business next week, just hoping the tanks make it without incident while I’m away. 🤞🙂

Tanks should be fine. Btw, they look really, really good. Love the mix of corals you have in there. 

1 hour ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

Tanks should be fine. Btw, they look really, really good. Love the mix of corals you have in there. 

Thanks, @Snow_Phoenix, I’m hoping my hubby will take reasonably good care of them, fish tanks are definitely not his thing. The tanks are more stable than they were the last time I had to travel, so hopefully they’ll make it through better this time. And thanks for the nice compliment. 🙂 I’m hoping to add a new gorg or two in the Biocube by the end of the year, but otherwise both tanks are pretty full at this point and now it’s interesting watching things grow more now that I started adding the Kent Tech I iodide, and using two part starting this week. 

• Like 1

So a couple of my Ricordea Floridas just split, and the new ones floated off and settled elsewhere in the tank. One seems to have settled in my cave, next to my sun corals where it won’t get any light. Do you guys think I should relocate it, or just leave it be? 

39EDA992-F97D-46FB-8C71-9A0D12BB69EE.thumb.jpeg.0282696f810cbac40558cc1a9ffa95e8.jpeg

Btw, Finnick my mandarin loves to photobomb whenever I’m taking pics haha. Here’s from the last time I was taking pics, trying to photograph the emerald eating the blue snowflakes... he was nowhere to be seen and then had to suddenly peek out, like just now with the Ricordea pic haha. 

2B183229-A9C3-4E1A-864B-992413B6C36D.thumb.jpeg.0000cb40b1acaa8ea42979946f5d2ec5.jpeg

6 hours ago, banasophia said:

Look what I got this evening! Went to pick up some saltwater from my LFS and couldn’t resist, it was the perfect nano size! 

A1C69D12-B50C-4F42-9B13-2DA4C06D71D0.thumb.jpeg.75feaf3bd68fdf78964b067042b809bb.jpeg

Uh, what is that? 

7 hours ago, banasophia said:

Look what I got this evening! Went to pick up some saltwater from my LFS and couldn’t resist, it was the perfect nano size! 

A1C69D12-B50C-4F42-9B13-2DA4C06D71D0.thumb.jpeg.75feaf3bd68fdf78964b067042b809bb.jpeg

Wow that is very unique.  It's beautiful even when not open. 

7 hours ago, Jackal227 said:

Wow that is very unique.  It's beautiful even when not open. 

Thanks! 🙂 Kinda looks like a dog standing up on its hind legs begging for a treat how it’s positioned right now haha.

Someone from a FB reefing group I’m in sent me this pic of his with its polyps all opened up last night, so beautiful!

67B91E12-F7D6-4890-B7A5-CD56E5FF7509.thumb.jpeg.42003733189a19008cc00a36978d87e6.jpeg

• Like 3
On 11/11/2018 at 4:54 AM, banasophia said:

The white parts are encrusting nonphotosynthetic zoanthids... they should open up once it has adjusted to the tank. 🤞🤞🤞

Wow learned something new today! Never heard of this before!

Btw, how old is your daughter to want a fish tank? I hope mine would be interested when they're older... 😄 

• Like 2