Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Banasophia’s Biocube 16 & IM Nuvo 10 ☀️

banasophia

10 minutes ago, YHSublime said:

What a great little tank, so much variety and colors, following along!

Thanks so much! Just followed yours too... looking forward to checking it out tonight. 🙂

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, Jackal227 said:

Are you using this instead of ro/di?

Yes, that’s the plan. I really liked the results when I was using distilled water for my tank, but I didn’t like having to use 7 one-gallon plastic jugs each week.

I had purchased and set up an RODI unit back in the summer, but I really didn’t like it and passed it along. So... I’m going to give this a try. We’ll see how it works. Apparently it takes around 5 hours to do a gallon of water, so I figure if I do a gallon a night that will give me the amount I need. 🤞🤞🤞

• Like 1

Same shot this morning without and with the Aquariclip. I did just order a new iPad cover cuz the current one has beveled edges so the clip-ons can’t attach/line up quite right. 

C7F30AEB-9CDD-40D5-8CC2-01E772082A86.thumb.jpeg.281e2edddbffd570f25f752279cfe505.jpeg

4D003B8C-5ADC-4555-B595-301881EC53AA.thumb.jpeg.7716c086f8a431d7f22e95f583300194.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
On 1/23/2019 at 6:50 AM, banasophia said:

Yes, that’s the plan. I really liked the results when I was using distilled water for my tank, but I didn’t like having to use 7 one-gallon plastic jugs each week.

I had purchased and set up an RODI unit back in the summer, but I really didn’t like it and passed it along. So... I’m going to give this a try. We’ll see how it works. Apparently it takes around 5 hours to do a gallon of water, so I figure if I do a gallon a night that will give me the amount I need. 🤞🤞🤞

What didnt you like about the rodi?? You are going to make water everyday for 5 hours per day just to get a gallon a day??😯😯 that seems like a huge pita!!!!! Hahaha

Oh and reef is looking nice!!!!😊

• Like 2

I love how I can see different coral open up and be prominent in your tank at different times of the day.  You have so much going on in there!  It's beautiful.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Weikel said:

What didnt you like about the rodi?? You are going to make water everyday for 5 hours per day just to get a gallon a day??😯😯 that seems like a huge pita!!!!! Hahaha

Oh and reef is looking nice!!!!😊

Thanks, Weikel!

The distiller is kinda like a coffee pot... if all goes as I hope, I will just pour a gallon in it at night and then it will boil and turn to steam then condense and drip into the carafe and a gallon of purified water will be ready by morning. Since I just have my two small tanks, 7 gallons a week is all I need. 

The main thing I didn’t like about the RODI was all the waste water. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, vlangel said:

I love how I can see different coral open up and be prominent in your tank at different times of the day.  You have so much going on in there!  It's beautiful.

Thanks so much. 🙂

Yeah, I do love how so much changes throughout the course of the day with my corals... keeps it interesting and fun to photograph in such a small tank. 

My husband just told me that although he won’t agree to an additional tank, he would agree to an upgrade to a bigger tank in the same spot, so I’m really debating that right now... though it would be great to have more room to work with, the tank is stocked for the Biocube lights and system, so I’m not sure an upgrade would be a good thing... still considering it. 

• Like 2
55 minutes ago, banasophia said:

main thing I didn’t like about the RODI was all the waste water

Hippy. 😋 just imagine you are letting it all flow out of the delta into the ocean that's what I do😂..  kidding aside I actually kinda felt bad after i figured out the ratio of 4:1 was waste water/produced water, not bad enough to boil and condense a gallon a day though hahaha I did tube my waste watee into my garden so it waters the plants. That's got to count for something 🤔

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Weikel said:

Hippy. 😋 just imagine you are letting it all flow out of the delta into the ocean that's what I do😂..  kidding aside I actually kinda felt bad after i figured out the ratio of 4:1 was waste water/produced water, not bad enough to boil and condense a gallon a day though hahaha I did tube my waste watee into my garden so it waters the plants. That's got to count for something 🤔

With a good membrane and appropriate water pressure you can get it down to 2:1...that’s about what I get out of mine right now.

i don’t look at it as waste it goes down the drain to the treatment plant then back to the ocean where it will eventually turn into rain :tongueout:

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Weikel said:

Haha. That’s definitely a good idea to run the waste water into the garden. I had thought about doing that, or running it into the pool, if I tried an RODI unit again. I’m really interested to check out the distiller though... something different to test out. 

Plus I’m stressed about work right now, and buying expensive stuff for my tank motivates me to keep my job and work through the challenges rather than giving up haha. 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Sancho said:

With a good membrane and appropriate water pressure you can get it down to 2:1...that’s about what I get out of mine right now.

i don’t look at it as waste it goes down the drain to the treatment plant then back to the ocean where it will eventually turn into rain :tongueout:

Yeah yeah yeah... people are so insistent on RODI... I’m a stubborn sh## and like to do things differently haha. 😂😘

Just now, banasophia said:

Yeah yeah yeah... people are so insistent on RODI... I’m a stubborn sh## and like to do things differently haha. 😂😘

You get the distiller yet? I’m really curious to see how it works for you. 

Just now, banasophia said:

☺️😘

😘

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Sancho said:

You get the distiller yet? I’m really curious to see how it works for you. 

😘

No, I think it arrives next week via free standard shipping... two day was an extra $60 as I recall. 

11 minutes ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

Your tank is amazing. Not sure if it has been a TOTM yet, but it should be someday if it hasn't already. 

Thank you so much for the kind words, Snow. My tanks are still so new; it would be awesome to keep them going long enough to one day earn such a recognition. 😊🤗

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, banasophia said:

Thank you so much for the kind words, Snow. My tanks are still so new; it would be awesome to keep them going long enough to one day earn such a recognition. 😊🤗

I hope they do! It is very beautiful. 😀