Top Shelf Aquatics

Week 3 Giveaway | we have a good reason it’s late

Pod Your Reef

Pod Your Reef

Thanks to all those who participated in last weeks giveaways. The reason this post was delayed is my wife and I are expecting the birth of our son who almost made an early visit. But back to the fun. 

Prize: 1 Phyto + 1 Tisbe  Swag Pack + Free Shipping

8C049C31-329E-48BF-8EE0-158BA1889771.thumb.jpeg.af825f582190fc20baf962567d0d4493.jpeg

How do I win? 

Simple, just post below what your favorite part of the hobby is. We'll pick a random winner on the August 19 at 7:00 PM Central time. 

Contest terms: Winner must be in the United States. One entry per person. You can only win one time per month. Good Luck!!!

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Well that's a pretty good reason to be late! 

I would have to say that my favorite part of the hobby is DIY'ing everything that I can, from lights to ato, the hood, stand, cooling system for when the tank heats up and almost everything in between. The end result, watching my corals thrive in a environment I built myself. 

Speaking of babies, I found some baby stomatella snails in my sump. (yes my sump is full of xenias) 

20180815_212350.thumb.jpg.a01e08013c57f9f9186d687044e8db1c.jpg

• Like 1

I love that fact that I'm creating a living piece of art in my house.  Creating something aesthetically pleasing while also maintaining a healthy ecosystem is a challenge, but the results are always worth it!  

• Like 2

That this hobby is endless. There’s always something to do; something to review, something to research, something to troubleshoot, something to enjoy. You might have been in the hobby for years, you might be new - either way, this addicting hobby (for the most part) brings the best out in people and keep them engaged in a community like Nano-Reef.com.

Edit: And it steals all our money... 😅

• Like 1

I love having a tiny little piece of the Ocean in my living room. The best part is sharing the hobby with my kids and having them learn about the natural Ocean as well as reef keeping. Congrats on the expected little one.

• Like 1

My favorite part is how relaxing it is to get home from work and watch everything move with the flow of the current. I could (and do!) do that for hours. It'll never get old.

My favorite part of reefkeeping is watching everything grow!  It is very fulfilling seeing the growth and development of my own little piece of the ocean. 

Pod Your Reef

For me it’s almost been the same thing. After your rock, sand, and cycle is going watching all the small life that’s in your tank. 

Once my tank was up and running it was always just crouching down and checking out everything that’s going on in the refugium. 

Recently my toddler has taken a strong interest in feeding the reef, and that’s pretty damn cool. 

She’s always like feed fish 🐠, what else can I say except ... 

DFADE3D1-93A1-4E43-98C9-06335F2EB95C.gif.b4da93384e583ddb7dfed9f214b577a7.gif

The favorite part of this hobby is just letting go when all is good in the aquarium. Looking at it I can go to my happy place and leave everything behind for a moment. An aquarium is a portal to another place for a brief moment.

20180816_145306.jpg

• Like 1
Kellie in CA

I love involving my 3 year old daughter and hearing her tell me "stories" about the tanks imhabitabts. 

Congrats on the little guy on the way! 

• Like 1