Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Dripping Uniseal

bennyd

Anyone dealt with a slow dripping Uniseal before? I've never used/had these before. I just got my Modular Marine overflow installed and everything all plumbed up and tested for leaks, one of the Uniseals has a very slight drip. Not really sure what to do to fix this. The holes are 100% smooth(what modular marine drilled in their overflow) there are no barbish things on the uniseal itself. Kind of stuck at this point, just don't know what to do.

It is certainly frustrating. Havent messed much with it. I'm going to try re-seating it. I found some people on Google that just wrapped a few layers of teflon tape around it, but I'd rather not do that. I would much rather have had traditional bulkheads that's for sure.

• Like 1

Well... Not really sure what the problem was. I tore my plumbing apart, thank goodness for unions! Pulled the Uniseal out, ran my finger around the inside to triple check it and there was nothing, checked the outside, nothing. Put it all back together, it wasn't leaking anymore. YAY! Also finally got my one return bulkhead to stop leaking, the darn gasket just wouldn't seat right.

Everything is finally ready. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
9 hours ago, bennyd said:

Well... Not really sure what the problem was. I tore my plumbing apart, thank goodness for unions! Pulled the Uniseal out, ran my finger around the inside to triple check it and there was nothing, checked the outside, nothing. Put it all back together, it wasn't leaking anymore. YAY! Also finally got my one return bulkhead to stop leaking, the darn gasket just wouldn't seat right.

Everything is finally ready. 

Happens to me a lot with my house plumbing.  One time I replaced the kitchen sink (double basins/drains) and could not for the life of me get a tiny drip to stop coming from both the garbage disposal side, as well as the other basin.  Tried tightening it more, tried loosening, tried teflon tape, tried new bulkheads/o-rings, even tried a brand new trap.  Nothing helped.  I took it all apart one more time, but put it back together, still dripped.  Got pissed, went to bed.  In the morning it was all perfect and there has been no drips for a year.

• Like 2