Innovative Marine Aquariums

Nano 6-10 gallon Reef Tank Suggestions

kit-kat

ADA has a solid line of smaller aquariums. I run mine with alot of equipment, but check out Utahpico's 5.5. All he runs is a heater, 12w grow light, and a powerhead. He has fantastic growth with corals, and 2 fish!

2 hours ago, kit-kat said:

Do you have the fluval Evo? If so, what do you like about it? Does it compare in quality to IM? I would expect the light to be useless...  I love the elongated look of it. I'm suddenly leaning toward the 5 gal one... More sandbed room... Hmmmm

I have the Spec. I wish I had the evo as I like the look better and its designed for salt water. 

The light is not useless. It's fine for lps and softies. Some on here have sps up higher in the tank as well. 

I love the IM's but I do like longer tanks.

Fluval is a nice tank and decent but no, it's not quite like the IM's.

You could look into the IM peninsula

http://www.innovative-marine.com/nuvo-aquarium/fusion-peninsula-14.html

You have many options it just depends on what you want to do 

You can even do what you are interested in doing in a 1g jar.

Check out the pico section, particularly the member pico jar contest.

Tons of ideas and ways you can achieve a nice reef. Without sticking to 2 tank brands.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, BaristaBob said:

ADA has a solid line of smaller aquariums. I run mine with alot of equipment, but check out Utahpico's 5.5. All he runs is a heater, 12w grow light, and a powerhead. He has fantastic growth with corals, and 2 fish!

Just found his, you're right it's pretty awesome!

15 hours ago, Clown79 said:

I have the Spec. I wish I had the evo as I like the look better and its designed for salt water. 

The light is not useless. It's fine for lps and softies. Some on here have sps up higher in the tank as well. 

I love the IM's but I do like longer tanks.

Fluval is a nice tank and decent but no, it's not quite like the IM's.

You could look into the IM peninsula

http://www.innovative-marine.com/nuvo-aquarium/fusion-peninsula-14.html

You have many options it just depends on what you want to do 

You can even do what you are interested in doing in a 1g jar.

Check out the pico section, particularly the member pico jar contest.

Tons of ideas and ways you can achieve a nice reef. Without sticking to 2 tank brands.

I measured again, no go for the spec/Evo, too long. Ugh too bad because I had nearly set my mind to it. Thanks though, all your info has been so helpful!

Anyone know anything about the jbj 6 gal led nanocube? I keep searching for it and find a bunch of people asking about the lights with no reply. Saw one build thread but that person modded for more blue and had some issues along the way, unsure if it was the lights or not.