SaltCritters.com

Corals about to touch each other

DylanCutchin1

DylanCutchin1

Hello,

I have a large wall hammer in the center of my tank, a branch GSP is about to touch the hammer, along with a zoa frag, and a duncan, I moved away some other things that were on small rocks but the rest is all touching each other as it supports the 'bridge'. I don't know what to do about the GSP as it isnt on a frag plug, the zoa is, so i could just move that. As a last resort i would like to just rip it off. I also have a nicely growing duncan that is about to touch this rock at the top of all softies, I could just move the whole rock away or sell it as keeping all these softies and hard corals is playing with fire and more fire. Any tips & advice is gladly welcomed. 

P.S. I trying to get the GSP off so that is why it is closed upbut i would say about 1 cm of space between that and the hammer.

IMG_20180811_140304665.jpg

IMG_20180811_140307885_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

IMG_20180811_140310113_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

A Little Blue

Use aquarium grade epoxy putty to separate the two. Sort of a wall between them. Once GSP grows over it, remove it and sell it as a frag. 😉

Then do it again and again. 

A Little Blue
10 minutes ago, DylanCutchin1 said:

Thank for the tip, but this seems like a stop gap anything for the long run?

What are you looking for in the long run? 

Keep it at bay or kill it? 

DylanCutchin1
1 hour ago, A Little Blue said:

What are you looking for in the long run? 

Keep it at bay or kill it? 

Keep it at bay, and could you also please elaborate on how you would do the method you talked about above, I'm very new to this hobby.  

A Little Blue

Mold epoxy in finger like shape and place it between corals in question. Once GSP grows over it, remove epoxy finger with GSP on it. Cut it with razor blade where the “finger bridge” begins (GSP side).

example

D2C2BE59-61E4-4C71-BAB8-F7B2B6187559.thumb.png.ae50ab447490e7299e95b5304abb7b05.png

DylanCutchin1
1 minute ago, A Little Blue said:

Mold epoxy in finger like shape and place it between corals in question. Once GSP grows over it, remove epoxy finger with GSP on it. Cut it with razor blade where the “finger bridge” begins (GSP side).

example

D2C2BE59-61E4-4C71-BAB8-F7B2B6187559.thumb.png.ae50ab447490e7299e95b5304abb7b05.png

Thank you very much!

A Little Blue

👍 Have fun with it. You can sell or give away “finger” frags of GSP if you like. 

This issue might turn into free fish food $$. Lol Good Luck.