ReefCleaners.org

Pair of Wartskin Frogfish

Larry the Lobster

Larry the Lobster

Can I have two wartskin frog fishes in the same tank but of different color? Does the color mean a different type of frogfish? The picture below are the types/colors of frogfish I want to have. I have a 30 gal and many corals for them to camouflage into. I will only have the two anglers if possible in the tank with an additional damsel each for feeding every two weeks. I plan to feed gut loaded ghost shrimp. And at the beginning when I introduce the fish two the tank there will be a divider between them so they mark there territory on there side and get used to each other. And after 2 months I will remove the divider after a feeding. Is this a good plan? Can I have one of each of those frohfish?

18569732-1735-41F3-8DAC-601BA125893C.jpeg

FEDB7B6F-AC2F-4811-BA3F-E8EACC1B2010.jpeg

I believe one will eat the other.  At least that's their reputation, anything that will fit in their mouth goes in their mouth.  

And it would be a lot easier on your pocketbook to feed mollies instead of damsels.  

• Like 2
Larry the Lobster
1 hour ago, Frag Factory said:

I wouldn't do it, personally

Are there any reasons you wouldn’t do it so I can make changes to the plan?

Frag Factory
46 minutes ago, Larry the Lobster said:

Are there any reasons you wouldn’t do it so I can make changes to the plan?

They will eat each other.

You would need a tank divider of some sort.

A Little Blue

I say go for it and tell us what happened. No one has a clue on here bc no one have tried what you're about to do. Do it for the sake of knowledge. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
26 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

I say go for it and tell us what happened. No one has a clue on here bc no one have tried what you're about to do. Do it for the sake of knowledge. 

Lol...wave your finger in front of them while you're at it...one can never know too much. 

• Like 2
A Little Blue
27 minutes ago, ffoott said:

Lol...wave your finger in front of them while you're at it...one can never know too much. 

Well, since you asked.....

D9F34EBA-918D-4818-BB29-2571E8D1A979.gif.fb23582ac0ce2d699d1ac9f3e8132dd1.gif

• Haha 3
Larry the Lobster
1 hour ago, A Little Blue said:

I like this idea but it sounds hard headed I’ll do it but after some investigation 

As stated one will eat the other............you can try and yes you will waste your money but hey its yours so do what you want.........

I have had frog fish in the past........they are great little fish but tank mates only last so long :lol:

• Like 2
A Little Blue
2 minutes ago, spectra said:

As stated one will eat the other............you can try and yes you will waste your money but hey its yours so do what you want.........

I have had frog fish in the past........they are great little fish but tank mates only last so long :lol:

I used to feed my frogfish brackish mollies. Damsel on the other hand was perfectly fine and outlived the monster. 

8 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

I used to feed my frogfish brackish mollies. Damsel on the other hand was perfectly fine and outlived the monster. 

Mine used to eat peppermint shrimp and chromis........for a special treat a yellow clown goby would come over for dinner :lol:

I still have a yellow damsel who is my sump monster now.........its probably 3" long now and huge.......

A Little Blue
2 minutes ago, spectra said:

Mine used to eat peppermint shrimp and chromis........for a special treat a yellow clown goby would come over for dinner :lol:

I still have a yellow damsel who is my sump monster now.........its probably 3" long now and huge.......

Expensive snacks. 😏

See...., my intention wasn’t to feed mollies to the monster but they were a fruit of elaborated plan to slowly acclimate them to salt water. Once acclimated, they make an awesome hair algae eating machines. 

Never had a chance to see my effort at work. Lmao. 

Yes expensive but I have a few local guys who I deal with and well at the time they owed me so I was getting them cheap........hell if you want the fish you have to feed it right......I figure give them whats out here in there own area. You hear of people feeding them gut loaded guppies but I dont have time for that stuff........hell I would just dump the water and toss them in the tank:lol: who acclimates dinner...............

1 hour ago, A Little Blue said:

I guess we are over the finger waving experiment than. 😕

Over your personal threshold for mutual respect, at least, yes we are ^^

• Haha 1
A Little Blue
1 hour ago, spectra said:

Yes expensive but I have a few local guys who I deal with and well at the time they owed me so I was getting them cheap........hell if you want the fish you have to feed it right......I figure give them whats out here in there own area. You hear of people feeding them gut loaded guppies but I dont have time for that stuff........hell I would just dump the water and toss them in the tank:lol: who acclimates dinner...............

Captivating animals. Unfortunately we don’t know enough to keep them happy and thriving long term. Diet, social behavior or mating could be what is missing from solving this puzzle. 

BTW I am glad I don’t own you any favors 😉

16 minutes ago, ffoott said:

Over your personal threshold for mutual respect, at least, yes we are ^^

Well, It must be equal to your lock of humor. 

3 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

Captivating animals. Unfortunately we don’t know enough to keep them happy and thriving long term. Diet, social behavior or mating could be what is missing from solving this puzzle. 

BTW I am glad I don’t own you any favors 😉

Well, It must be equal to your lock of humor. 

I laughed at "lock of humor" - does that count? 

2 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

It’s a start..... And the end of this torture. 

I hereby accept the terms of your surrender! 

Getting back on topic, I can see why you'd like to have more than one of those - they look like awesome pets!