ReefCleaners.org

Issue with rr gold nugget monti

the camaro show

the camaro show

So I bought a gold nugget monti from re during their last flash sale and I’ve noticed  a bleaching or stn on the backside of it. Now I’ve never lost a monti at all and I haven’t had a acro stn on me in over 6 months and I can’t figure it out because it’s not like a flaking stn it’s a very even line. I had it at the top of the tank as rr said they love the light. Today I moved it down a little bit and gave it a idone dip and it might look a little better. Tank is a 4 year old biocube 29. Radion xr15 gen4 on 60% sps ab plus and flow is a mp10 and a hydro nano 425. I also have a apex and it’s looking good 

FB5A23AA-F9E1-49C4-9C3B-B4096794993D.jpeg

Parameters stable?  KH, Calcium?   Slow acro death usually indicates unstable KH on the low side, where rapid death is usually unstable on the high side.  It might also be lack of nutrients in the water or not enough light.

If the dead area on the monti is in a line and expanding it may be nudis.  Iodine dip might have killed the adults but eggs can survive.

the camaro show

Phrams very stable from my apex dos 

alk 8.4

calc 450

mag 1400

nitrate 8

po4 0.05

No other montis or acros or any other corals are effected 

On 8/9/2018 at 8:40 PM, the camaro show said:

Sorry about the crappy pic through the coral viewer I really need a orange filter

Have you tried the aquarium cam app?  It’s just 2.99 and helps me adjust the blue out of my fotos.

• Like 1
On 8/9/2018 at 5:40 PM, the camaro show said:

Sorry about the crappy pic through the coral viewer I really need a orange filter

I got a clip on orange lens for my iphone/iPad from Algae Barn for $30 and I’m pretty happy with it, but a guy on Facebook was just posting that you can use orange basket wrap like this:

Hygloss Products Cellophane Roll – Cellophane Wrap for Crafts, Gifts, and Baskets 20 Inch x 5 Feet, Orange https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002548Z4C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_yVPBBbDYZR7SX

8 hours ago, Aurortpa said:

Have you tried the aquarium cam app?  It’s just 2.99 and helps me adjust the blue out of my fotos.

While it definitely helps, it doesn't automatically adjust white balance by pointing the camera at something white or grey.  The manual adjustments get you closer, but you can do a lot of fussing and never achieve a natural look.  I'd give it a C- at best.

The preset filters mimic color films.  While this makes adjustments quick, it still doesn't provide the natural look that a cheap dedicated camera with custom white balance can.

It seems to me that the software, which could make the corrections for you, wouldn't be that difficult.  I'm actually shocked that (as far as smart phone cameras have progressed) that is feature isn't standard.  I really hope that someone makes an app which can make true white balance adjustments automatically.

If you want true white balance, you might pickup a used camera just for tank shots:

• Here's a used camera (which I still own) with custom white balance.  It isn't great, but doesn't totally suck at taking tank pics (selling for $39).
  • A better and more modern version (selling for $49).
  • I'm currently using a Canon S120.  This is essentially the same thing (selling for $119).

I love new cameras, but the latest and greatest always cost an arm and a leg.  However, here's a reasonably priced new camera (for less than $260).  The nice thing about it, is its 40x optical zoom (something that your cell phone can't come close to).

• Like 1
the camaro show

The 150 is light by 4 radion g2s with ati t5 supplements and the biocube is a xr15 gen4 and just a quick pic I took

@Christopher Marks can someone get temp banned for being a liar and claiming that someone else’s tank is his? Or just for being an annoying whiner? He was claiming he owned acropora colonies and was a seller via PM- I would say that he is leading up to be a scammer. 

@spectra

@StinkyBunny

@Aurortpa

@WV Reefer

Even THAT is not why I don’t sell to him. I actually got a bad vibe from the first time he messaged me days ago, when I checked out his history and his feedback on the other seller. Must be 14. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
the camaro show

No dude I’m 21 and probably been reefing longer then you

I told you my 150 is 7 years old and my biocube is 4 years old

Just now, the camaro show said:

No dude I’m 21 and probably been reefing longer then you

I told you my 150 is 7 years old and my biocube is 4 years old

Oh. my. god. Do you not realize that you were just called out for posting photos of an aquarium that is not yours? 😂😂😂😂😂

dumbazz 

• Haha 1
the camaro show
55 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

@Christopher Marks can someone get temp banned for being a liar and claiming that someone else’s tank is his? Or just for being an annoying whiner? He was claiming he owned acropora colonies and was a seller via PM- I would say that he is leading up to be a scammer. 

@spectra

@StinkyBunny

@Aurortpa

@WV Reefer

Even THAT is not why I don’t sell to him. I actually got a bad vibe from the first time he messaged me days ago, when I checked out his history and his feedback on the other seller. Must be 14. 

Dude you and your bad vibes with me go get a life, you think your the best guy around just because my tank is on a blog you think it’s  not mine? 

• Wow 1
2 minutes ago, the camaro show said:

Dude you and your bad vibes with me go get a life, you think your the best guy around just because my tank is on a blog you think it’s  not mine? 

Looool- no, also because before you were kicked off reef2reef you had a different one. Plus, you’re from WV. So you just happened to post a photo of your tank that is 7 years old? 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Christopher Marks locked this topic