Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

I was told this was

tofer

Blastomussa - very different from candy cane but a beautiful LPS that is pretty peaceful and over time grows into very nice colonies.

• Like 2

Blasto’s are great.  In addition to being peaceful they tolerate just about any conditions and grow fastest in “dirty” water.  They don’t need to fed but when I feed mine reefroids once a week and mysis once a week they put out daughter polyps pretty quickly.  Tend to be reasonably priced but are available in some really wild patterns that go for $100s.  

• Like 1
Just now, Clown79 said:

That's a blasto.

Hope you lucked out getting it for the cheap price of a candy cane!

Prices vary of course but for this type I sell polyps to my LFS for $10 and he resells for $20.  Cherry Corals has some identical to this right now for $20 for a single polyp.  They tend to be reasonable with their blastos.  I have paid $30 and $40 for polyps at Cherry that went for $200 at World Wide Corals.  The most I have ever paid was $200 for a single polyp (which is currently up to 6 polyps) but it was one of a kind.  Another LFS in my area got one like that and sold it for $350.  Sometimes Pacific East Aquaculture has some spectacular specimens but not right now.  They generally are gone the first day no matter the price.

• Like 1