Pod Your Reef

My first saltwater build

Pike

19 minutes ago, HookedOnAquariums said:

Looks really good. Usually don’t like euphilyas but your tank makes me look nice

Thank you. Still small but hopefully they grown nicely. My plan is a euphyllia island with torches in sandbed and ancora/para on top of the stone..

the island on the left is in the making to be an acan island 🙂

have some problem with the right stone. Plankning it to be an anemon rock. Have two super red bubbletip.. my problem is the streamer. I have only one mp10 in that corner making it very stormy 🙂

20 minutes ago, Daniel91 said:

Sweden got some sweet corals lol!

Absolutly, but they dont come cheap im afraid 🙂 

53 minutes ago, Pike said:

, but they dont come cheap im afraid 🙂 

Yeah, same with Denmark. I would not be able to enjoy the hobby due to the prices, if I were to move back.

Exciting custom build!  Nice to see another long tank.  :biggrin:  I'll be following this one.

How did you make that concrete top?  Is the concrete sealed with something, and does the depression where the tank sits accumulate salt dripping?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, holy carp said:

Exciting custom build!  Nice to see another long tank.  :biggrin:  I'll be following this one.

How did you make that concrete top?  Is the concrete sealed with something, and does the depression where the tank sits accumulate salt dripping?

Thanks! 🙂

I reinforced the concrete with reinforcement iron as well as faced out for aquarium and aquarium mat.

besides that, i made holes for the overflowbox ( 3 holes down ), return and for the power cable from MP10.

Every PVC pipe is covered in brass pipes for a sharper look 🙂 

The Nanobox Quad is covered in brass goosenecks and all the wiring hidden in gooseneck -> back Wall -> back in the sumpcabin

hard to describe in english 😛

4FDFC91D-FA64-4664-943E-EC1BA9DBC62D.jpeg

0D3C3686-851F-4652-BC4F-7A61DE5A517A.jpeg

• Like 3

Anyone who knows why my black/white torch is turning white in torches? 

All my other torches are fine. The black/white seems very happy besides the pale color.. 

it is the closest one in picture

A5E6DE8A-6FBE-4364-9886-C9ABF278510B.jpeg

On 12/29/2018 at 2:57 PM, WV Reefer said:

I’m not sure how I missed this build!  😃

Things are looking really nice. I can’t wait to see it mature. 🙂

Thank you so much 🙂

Soon to be acan mountain 🙂 

AEA9B0B2-18BA-443D-A2CD-0B433E00A5F1.jpeg

• Like 3
On 12/30/2018 at 10:26 AM, Pike said:

Hi!

i go with the LPS+ In the Quick setup mode

what is your settings?

I have been going with the exact same thing... Acans, Blasto and rock anenomes are loving it... The zoas are a little slower to react, but I am going to be patient and give them time. 

5 hours ago, Sparty said:

I have been going with the exact same thing... Acans, Blasto and rock anenomes are loving it... The zoas are a little slower to react, but I am going to be patient and give them time. 

Same here.. but one of my torches didnt like that much light. So for now im going with a little lower. 

Seems like both my anemons and euphyllia like these settings better. My SPS:er also seems ok.

im going to raise it up 10% over a period of time F0C491C8-4B1D-4547-8752-84D8459DF7C1.thumb.png.91d702a488dd7b20c9ae90aef50b639f.png 

C21069CB-C1B7-4D6F-94EC-B764B0F64F1E.png

8D54F912-91F7-4DF8-A56D-09326D8724C4.png

50 minutes ago, Daniel91 said:

Looks like your YWG is enjoying the shade

Yes, it seems that way! Just hoping it wont grow over the anemons that dont will enjoy so much 🙂