Pod Your Reef

My first saltwater build

Pike

8 hours ago, Clown79 said:

It's not just me. I considered getting one and the general consensus has been clowns hosting them is generally not a been a positive thing.

👌

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2018 at 9:04 PM, Daniel91 said:

Gorgeous addition! Hell, if that’s what they carry in Scandinavia then I might as well move back to Denmark.....

Haha besides stroget, cheap beer and red sausages that would absolutly be a reason 🙂

thanks by the way!

• Like 1
HookedOnAquariums
2 hours ago, Pike said:

Thanks for the kind words!

A got a little new pals in the tank. 

One fungia and a bubble coral

66D902D3-C860-4A41-ADA0-9400921E7CFB.jpeg

5CDEBBBA-6C9A-4B01-BCBA-AB5307B58485.jpeg

E3FDE64C-5B0B-49A1-A314-75AEE71FA900.jpeg

Wow looks great. This is the sort of cleanliness i would want in my living room. Are the sps growing on the side island or are you going to eventually move them to the middle? 

On 10/19/2018 at 2:40 PM, HookedOnAquariums said:

Wow looks great. This is the sort of cleanliness i would want in my living room. Are the sps growing on the side island or are you going to eventually move them to the middle? 

Thank you!

my only concern by having it in the livingroom is the blue light! I was forced (by wife) to start nightlights around 6:30 pm 🙂

my sps seems to be growing. I put them there becouse of the streamer directly over, therefore it is alot of flow by that Irland.. 

any ides of corals that like that conditions?

Just now, Pike said:

Thank you!

my only concern by having it in the livingroom is the blue light! I was forced (by wife) to start nightlights around 6:30 pm 🙂

my sps seems to be growing. I put them there becouse of the streamer directly over, therefore it is alot of flow by that Irland.. 

any ides of corals that like that conditions?

Light issue 🙂

image.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 8/25/2018 at 8:48 AM, Pike said:

Thats not a bad Idea if the issue continues!

i could make the Wall behind in the same color as the tank stand 🙂

Great build! It's not easy to compliment your craftmanship well enough - but I'm definitely following along

You could try framing some black felt and hanging that behind the light; it's quite popular to use while photographing high tech planted aquariums and absorbing stray light. Maybe you could even go all out with something like this?

On 12/14/2018 at 8:48 PM, specore said:

Lost your SPS?

I kept two. One Stylopora and one Hysterix.

focusing on LPS for now. When i get the time i Will start adding SPS and some dosage 🙂

• Like 1
On 12/14/2018 at 8:52 PM, Wonderboy said:

Great build! It's not easy to compliment your craftmanship well enough - but I'm definitely following along

You could try framing some black felt and hanging that behind the light; it's quite popular to use while photographing high tech planted aquariums and absorbing stray light. Maybe you could even go all out with something like this?

Thanks alot! Really glad to hear 🙂

thanks for the tip. I struggle alot with photos. I cant understund how some take these beutiful photos i see on the forum.

I use a iPhone 7. That could be one reason 🙂

• Like 1

Off topic.

i lost my lights tonight. Using a Nanobox quad.

network problems... it turned out my own wi-fi was the problem.

before i realised that i had a conversation with @DaveFason. The support on Nanobox is outstanding and i really recommend both the beutiful lights and the kickass support 🙂

keep it up!

• Like 1

Did some testing today. First in a long time... 3 kids 🙂

I change 15% water / weekly

Sal: 1.00025

Nitrate: 10

phosphate: 0

Ca: 440

Mg: 1250

KH: 7

the only problem i see is the low mg. I Will start dosing with reef foundation C hoping to reach the right Numbers.

• Like 1