Top Shelf Aquatics

Dumb question. Does vaping afect your tank?

Sancho

So I quit the cigarettes and went to the douche vape stick......I never smoked in the house but now that I’m sucking on “water vapor “ I’m enjoying my nicotine in the house just wondering if the vape vapor could do harm to the tank. I’ve heard weird stuff about air fresheners wiping tanks out, just wondering if puffing on my dumb vape stick could affect the tank? 

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, Lawnman said:

Just quit you loser! I did it 3 years ago. 

So did I...:lol: bit picked it up again. Quit again and made it like 12 hours before the kids made me nuts and I was searching the ashtray for anything smokable.....doing the damn vape stick again 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, Sancho said:

So I quit the cigarettes and went to the douche vape stick......I never smoked in the house but now that I’m sucking on “water vapor “ I’m enjoying my nicotine in the house just wondering if the vape vapor could do harm to the tank. I’ve heard weird stuff about air fresheners wiping tanks out, just wondering if puffing on my dumb vape stick could affect the tank? 

I doubt it.  

I “burn” lots of things around my reefs. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I don't think so.

I use to smoke in my old apartment with my reefs and freshwater- no ill effects

I vape (nicotine free)since I just quit cigs and I've had no issues.

I don't vape directly near my tanks but in the same room.

• Like 1
Euphylin me
8 hours ago, banasophia said:

There are some hard partying fish out there... vaping, dosing vodka... fish party!!!

made me spit out my drink! especially the vodka dosing part:lol:

• Haha 1
43 minutes ago, Euphylin me said:

made me spit out my drink! especially the vodka dosing part:lol:

Well if it was vodka you were drinking, hopefully some made it into your tank haha.

• 1 year later...

Anyone seeing this- just keep vaping, smoking, etc away from anything else with lungs. It's bad for your pets, and VERY bad for birds. Birds' lungs hang onto contaminants much more than other animals', and are so sensitive that even being near a burning candle can seriously harm them. 

And don't aerosolize essential oils, that WILL cause problems for things, and a lot of the popular ones are outright toxic to pets. Those essential oil diffusers that want you to just put the oil in are unsafe- it shouldn't be inhaled, and should always be HEAVILY diluted for any other application of it to yourself. It being natural doesn't make it safe, any more than deadly nightshade is safe to eat, asbestos (which comes out of the ground like that!) is good to rub on your face, or palythoas make a good salad. 

• 3 years later...
Ron6283736

I think it might? My space is always closed with AC turned on. My fish always looks inactive. When i tested their ph, it always turns acid and i have to wash every thing and change water again and again. I might need ph buffer? What u think?