SaltCritters.com

Purple Pseudochromis and Sixline Wrasse

TheDeltaFlight

TheDeltaFlight

I added a Purple Pseudochromis to my 15g 3 days ago. I already had a Sixline in there. 

It appears that ever since I added the Purple Pseudochromis, my Sixline Wrasse stays towards the top of the tank (he used to always swim in and out of the rocks) but the Purple Pseudochromis took over doing that)

When they get close, the Pseudochromis nips at my Sixline... Should I take the Pseudochromis out, or will this behavior mitigate?

TheDeltaFlight
4 minutes ago, hinnenkm said:

Pseudochromis tend to be jerks and in a 15 gallon, I would imagine even more so.... 

LFS said I would be fine, but IDK

Dottyback generally don’t like wrasse due to them being predators of their eggs. From what you’ve described it seems like the dottyback claimed the rock work for itself. Both of these fish are known to be aggressive/territorial and your tank size only emphasizes this, I would keep your favorite of the two and try to return the other.

• Like 1

Those 2 fish are the biggest assholes in the aquarium industry unless you have a huge tank where they can set up territories away from one another. In small tanks, 1 or the other. That said, I'm not a fan of either of those fish. If you want purple in your tank, get a Royal Gramma.

1 hour ago, StinkyBunny said:

Those 2 fish are the biggest assholes in the aquarium industry unless you have a huge tank where they can set up territories away from one another. In small tanks, 1 or the other. That said, I'm not a fan of either of those fish. If you want purple in your tank, get a Royal Gramma.

lol Yes and make sure royal gramma last fish you add. Pseudochromis tend to be semi aggressive in nature even though they say they aren't. Usually you can add them last but that's a  small tank.

• 2 months later...
On 8/11/2018 at 10:40 PM, StinkyBunny said:

ahem, my sixline is a perfect gentleman thankyouverymuch