Innovative Marine Aquariums

Pico Aquascape (3g)

Jon-Paul

Been playing around with the rock and this seems to be the one I was most satisfied with. Using Pukani dry rock, but still need to bleach/cure it. The wine glass next to it is for size comparison as it is the exact height as the dimensions listed on the JBJ PIcotope. There is clearance on all sides... in theory lol. Just looking for some constructive or positive criticism. Tank should finally arrive tomorrow so I can see what it looks like in there.

IMG_2746.thumb.JPG.6ee0d45debed2389ef5c4191e313d0e6.JPG

IMG_2748.thumb.JPG.6a8b4db5ccae1cf7f7e28f5172b82320.JPG

IMG_2749.thumb.JPG.a1161e491e8b3b7e43319edbed47ac87.JPG

IMG_2747.thumb.JPG.ec76de82cc5da0124a61be6e21bf721d.JPG

IMG_2757.thumb.JPG.740dbeacfaf4629f23b52941b70becbc.JPG

Two of the pieces I did not manipulate at all, and the other one has been pretty smashed up. There is three pieces of rubble that I used from the smashed up one in helping make it look the way I want.

I plan to use an acrylic rod to hold that back high point up and some epoxy/glue/silicone. Also, welcoming suggestions on what to use to stick rock to rock.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

• Like 1
Christopher Marks

I think it's a good look! I wonder though if the top rock will be too close to the water surface to place any coral on. That's not necessarily a bad thing, just something to consider.

• Like 1

@Christopher Marks Thanks for the reply! I feel honored to have garnered your input!

Decided to remove the large tall piece from the final layout. I think it would just be hassle and would make it difficult to position the flow. I will still cure it and might decide to put it back in but I think a more simplistic approach is this one. Also, got the tank!

IMG_2774.JPG

IMG_2775.JPG

IMG_2777.thumb.JPG.9b95dd78f2863a6fb9b9c893e70d97f3.JPG

IMG_2776.thumb.JPG.1eb61c5e6ef965110008d73e78812a7e.JPG

After I put the filter intake tube and powerhead I noticed that the back would be pretty jammed up. The cave in the middle seems pretty cool, and I will have lots of room for vertical growth. Clearance on all sides for magfloat. And it isn't just a wall of rock but actually has somewhat of an interesting structure. Should be pretty rad for coral placement as there are lots of tiny little areas to mount the corals.

Overall I'm very satisfied with the Pukani rocks on their appearance and workability.

Thanks for any input!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Jon-Paul said:

@Christopher Marks Thanks for the reply! I feel honored to have garnered your input!

Decided to remove the large tall piece from the final layout. I think it would just be hassle and would make it difficult to position the flow. I will still cure it and might decide to put it back in but I think a more simplistic approach is this one. Also, got the tank!

IMG_2774.JPG

IMG_2775.JPG

IMG_2777.thumb.JPG.9b95dd78f2863a6fb9b9c893e70d97f3.JPG

IMG_2776.thumb.JPG.1eb61c5e6ef965110008d73e78812a7e.JPG

After I put the filter intake tube and powerhead I noticed that the back would be pretty jammed up. The cave in the middle seems pretty cool, and I will have lots of room for vertical growth. Clearance on all sides for magfloat. And it isn't just a wall of rock but actually has somewhat of an interesting structure. Should be pretty rad for coral placement as there are lots of tiny little areas to mount the corals.

Overall I'm very satisfied with the Pukani rocks on their appearance and workability.

Thanks for any input!

Looks better without the other rock.  You’ll appreciate the extra room later on. 🙂

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...