Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Aquamaxx Prism LED Lighting

ajkochev

I recently started a new tank and wanted to try a actual reef light designed as such instead of my usual cobble something together cheap.  My tank was going to be a 2.5 gal 12 inches long so I needed a small light.  I eventually decided to give the Aquamaxx Prism 12 inch version a go.  The product came in a nice box and since the controller is external the light itself is only 1/2 in height.  After connecting everything and turning it on for the first time I was shocked at how bright this was.  With all channels set at 100% the light was blinding.  As my tank was setup I experimented with the channels and eventually decided blue at mid day would be 60%, white and special at 40% were good for my tank.  I think this thing could keep SPS Once my tank gets established more I'm going to try them.

A neat feature of the light is the slow ramp up and down.  You set the time of day and intensity of each of the five solar events and the light will slowly increase or decrease between events.  The biggest downside to this light is it is a pain to program.  It has only two buttons and it was easy to get them mixed up at times during programming as the functions change depending on the situation.  I found it best to write out what I wanted each channel intensity to be and the start time for each solar event on paper to help me keep track of where I was in the programming.  All in all a good light for the price.

http://aquamaxxaquariums.com/lighting/prism/