Top Shelf Aquatics

IM 14 gallon Peninsula/ BioCube 32, because why not?

Nano Nano Boo Boo

12 hours ago, A Little Blue said:

Cool. Some ppl report having issues with them picking on corals (zoas are at the top of the list). Honestly, I don’t know if that is the real issue. I had sexy shrimps fo years without issues. There is one in my 30l but I barely see it. It usually hangs under the cover of Euphillias tentacles. 

I had 4 destroy a birdsnest.  They went in the toilet with the next water change. 

• Like 1
A Little Blue
1 hour ago, specore said:

I had 4 destroy a birdsnest.  They went in the toilet with the next water change. 

So they did you a favor then. Lmao

• Haha 1
Nano Nano Boo Boo
8 hours ago, specore said:

I’ve read a lot of people have issues when they aren’t in odd numbers. I have zero idea why that is but it seems common. Even my local fish store said 3 is the magic number. Now I’m worried. 

New little baby torch acquired today. 

F72C203F-4A4C-43C4-8956-AB8C83F16847.jpeg

Nano Nano Boo Boo
15 minutes ago, Daniel91 said:

Nano - how much was that? Torches are meh price here in Los Angeles’ LFS. Shipping seems to be the go to option for a decently priced torch for me.

I have trouble finding good ones here but this one would probably be $20-$30. It was a test for my 14 so more of a loaner currently. 

A Little Blue

If you keep up your parameters in order, it can grow 1-2 heads a month. 

Do you have any reef club in your area?

Those are usually great source of knowledge, nice and inexpensive frags and good company. 

1D35F455-ABE8-4514-9B07-96B7355A2729.gif.0950a319ed22b1893f673ec72b2a5b19.gif

Nano Nano Boo Boo
15 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

If you keep up your parameters in order, it can grow 1-2 heads a month. 

Do you have any reef club in your area?

Those are usually great source of knowledge, nice and inexpensive frags and good company. 

1D35F455-ABE8-4514-9B07-96B7355A2729.gif.0950a319ed22b1893f673ec72b2a5b19.gif

#ReefPorm That’s is awesome. I’ve been closely watching water and spot feeding. Love these little guys. 

A Little Blue
1 minute ago, Nano Nano Boo Boo said:

#ReefPorm That’s is awesome. I’ve been closely watching water and spot feeding. Love these little guys. 

How often do you feed? Don’t overdo it, tank is still young. 

Nano Nano Boo Boo

Maybe once a week, I just spot feed brine or reef roids. I watch closely, whatever the corals don’t eat by punk skunk shrimp runs off with. 

KW NANOREEF
1 hour ago, Nano Nano Boo Boo said:

I have trouble finding good ones here but this one would probably be $20-$30. It was a test for my 14 so more of a loaner currently. 

Don’t get good torches?!?!?? Watch your mouth.

F831E795-F75E-4CBD-B03B-48C5A3775D54.jpeg

• Haha 1
A Little Blue
7 hours ago, Nano Nano Boo Boo said:

Maybe once a week, I just spot feed brine or reef roids. I watch closely, whatever the corals don’t eat by punk skunk shrimp runs off with. 

👍

Nano Nano Boo Boo
19 hours ago, KW NANOREEF said:

Don’t get good torches?!?!?? Watch your mouth.

F831E795-F75E-4CBD-B03B-48C5A3775D54.jpeg

This picture is just fantastic. Ask Ryan when he’s fragging that other torch. 

KW NANOREEF
9 minutes ago, Nano Nano Boo Boo said:

This picture is just fantastic. Ask Ryan when he’s fragging that other torch. 

Im mad at blue star right now. Probably won’t go back for a while.

• Like 1
A Little Blue
36 minutes ago, Nano Nano Boo Boo said:

Just dropped some sexy shrimp in the 14, I’ll try and grab some pictures when they explore a bit. 

Easier to find in 14. I haven’t seen my Sexy or my Circus Goby in weeks. 🙄

Nano Nano Boo Boo
Just now, A Little Blue said:

Easier to find in 14. I haven’t seen my Sexy or my Circus Goby in weeks. 🙄

You would think but here I am looking like a weirdo inspecting every inch of my tank. These three were tiny so who knows. Lol. 

A Little Blue
20 minutes ago, Nano Nano Boo Boo said:

You would think but here I am looking like a weirdo inspecting every inch of my tank. These three were tiny so who knows. Lol. 

Lmao They are funny like that. 

My hangs under torches (you have seen my torches) so it is impossible to find that douchebag. Sometimes I wish that he got hit by pump propellers. 

Nano Nano Boo Boo
6 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

Lmao They are funny like that. 

My hangs under torches (you have seen my torches) so it is impossible to find that douchebag. Sometimes I wish that he got hit by pump propellers. 

Now I’m looking for these things and laughing while I do it. Kids think I’ve totally lost it. 🤣🤣🤣

A Little Blue
Just now, Nano Nano Boo Boo said:

Now I’m looking for these things and laughing while I do it. Kids think I’ve totally lost it. 🤣🤣🤣

🤣🤣🤣 My wife and daughter already got used to it. They both think that therapeutical reefing is responsible for lack of gray on my head. I should be in snake oil business. 😉

Nano Nano Boo Boo
5 minutes ago, specore said:

What happened?

Sold him a coral beauty with a mouth bacterial infection. Now backpedaling on helping him fix the situation. Surprised myself. 

A Little Blue
2 minutes ago, Nano Nano Boo Boo said:

Sold him a coral beauty with a mouth bacterial infection. Now backpedaling on helping him fix the situation. Surprised myself. 

With mouth infection she is hardly a beauty. Just saying. 

• Like 2