inTank Media Baskets

IM 14 gallon Peninsula/ BioCube 32, because why not?

Nano Nano Boo Boo

Nano Nano Boo Boo

Established 

June 19, 2018 Biocube 

July 28th, 2018 Peninsula 

Equipment

All stock so far. Plan on updating return pump, media rack, and fuge rack. May replace return with a wavemaker. 

Lighting

AI Prime (What a great light)

Stock

Planning on a light fish load, ideas are welcome. 

Corals are still up for debate. Leader right now is a zoa, acan, and blasto garden. Again, ideas welcome. 

Cycle start date was June 28th, 2018. 

F299F2CB-2462-4960-8195-6CD1982B4E91.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
Nano Nano Boo Boo

After the wife saw the light she agreed to discussing a future bigger build. What a beautiful day....😂😂🤣

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
KW NANOREEF
3 minutes ago, Nano Nano Boo Boo said:

After the wife saw the light she agreed to discussing a future bigger build. What a beautiful day....😂😂🤣

someone stop this man

• Haha 2
Nano Nano Boo Boo

Tank is looking great, tested levels today and showing traces of nitrates. No plans of putting anything in the tank quite yet, but looking for others thoughts and ideas. Great tank but want to ensure that anything that goes in is happy and has enough room. 

• Like 1

Front pic looks good but can we see the side shot?

For ideas, Maybe an inverts tank or something more unique? The pair of clowns is always really nice, especially designer

• Like 1
A Little Blue

Looking good buddy. 

Now sure how I missed that but I’m looking forward to your build. 

Setup up looks good. 

Your patience is going to pay off.  

Just make sure that whatever you put in your tank is healthy to avoid unnecessary issues. 

• Like 1
Nano Nano Boo Boo
9 minutes ago, specore said:

How do you like that light?

So far so good! Really like the output and how it visually makes the tank look. Hoping it will be just as good once the tank has some new corals. 

• Like 1
A Little Blue
33 minutes ago, Nano Nano Boo Boo said:

So far so good! Really like the output and how it visually makes the tank look. Hoping it will be just as good once the tank has some new corals. 

After going through number of reviews and personal experiences of many seasoned reefers, it’s clear that this light can grow just about anything in tank of this size. 

There are several downloadable settings that should provide good starting point as far as setting the spectrum and intensity. I didn’t play with it long enough to have an opinion just yet but it seems like a decent light that is loaded with features. 

Let us know, what settings did you decide to use on your tank. 

Nano Nano Boo Boo

Here is a side view. The only thing about this tank is evaporation, which was expected. I’ve got an ato on the way to keep it stable. So far I’m really enjoying it. Has me wanting an IM 30l to replace my Biocube 32 at some point. 

image.jpg

• Like 2
49 minutes ago, Nano Nano Boo Boo said:

Here is a side view. The only thing about this tank is evaporation, which was expected. I’ve got an ato on the way to keep it stable. So far I’m really enjoying it. Has me wanting an IM 30l to replace my Biocube 32 at some point. 

image.jpg

What ATO did you go with?

Nano Nano Boo Boo
17 minutes ago, specore said:

What ATO did you go with?

Ordered a Tunze Nano from a forum member. Haven't heard back since I paid, hoping it just appears on my porch in the next few days. :unsure:

1 minute ago, Nano Nano Boo Boo said:

Ordered a Tunze Nano from a forum member. Haven't heard back since I paid, hoping it just appears on my porch in the next few days. :unsure:

fingerscrossed

Nano Nano Boo Boo
1 hour ago, sapling said:

I still haven’t been able to decide an ato for my set up, what helped you decide which ato to get? 

I’ve read more reviews and talk to more people that it’s most likely unhealthy. Lol. I was between the JBJ and the Tunze. After careful consideration the Tunze has a better track record and better technology. I’m hoping it works well, I’ll be sure and keep everyone in the loop. 

Nano Nano Boo Boo
3 minutes ago, Daniel91 said:

Where?!

Local reef page on Facebook. Feel like I’m losing my marbles but that’s too cheap to pass up I’m thinking. 

A Little Blue

I still haven’t been able to decide an ato for my set up, what helped you decide which ato to get? 

I have Tunze Nano and IM Hydrofill. 

Hydrofill is much better IMHO. 

IM Hydro is on my 30l and Tunze Nano will go on IM14p. 

5 hours ago, Nano Nano Boo Boo said:

image.jpg

You could probably go with manually TO but once you try ATO there is no going back. Looks good👍

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

I have Tunze Nano and IM Hydrofill. 

Hydrofill is much better IMHO. 

IM Hydro is on my 30l and Tunze Nano will go on IM14p. 

No experience with Tunze, but JBJ is crap and I'm liking the Hydrofill a lot

@A Little Blue oh wow I’ve never even seen one use the sensors like that one uses; doesnt stray voltage cause issues in the tank though? I knew one of the tunze osmolators had a second sensor creating redundancy making it ideal, does the hydrofil ever misfire? 

A Little Blue
1 minute ago, sapling said:

@A Little Blue oh wow I’ve never even seen one use the sensors like that one uses; doesnt stray voltage cause issues in the tank though? I knew one of the tunze osmolators had a second sensor creating redundancy making it ideal, does the hydrofil ever misfire? 

No issues whatsoever. Very precise fill. Takes less space. It fills my 30l about 20 times per day (tinny amount at the time) making water level and salinity super stable. IM optional pump is great but a little noisy. 

Tunze Nano is also great but needs periodic cleaning (I recommend 50/50 RO and vinegar 10min bath, every other month). IM Hydrofill requires none. 

• Like 1