Pod Your Reef

Biocube 32 flow, what’s yours?

Nano Nano Boo Boo

Nano Nano Boo Boo

Post some pictures of these tanks and placements people! Would love to see them! Thanks for the input! 

Nano Nano Boo Boo
2 minutes ago, Zorya said:

The particles are vitachem xD that’s also why everyone is hyper

7D134935-A1C8-4C7B-B2A7-0DAD3E430009.gif

Nice! Reading about these Icecaps now, seems like a really cool adddition. Very customizable and seems like euphyllia would really love it. 

• Like 1
Just now, Nano Nano Boo Boo said:

Nice! Reading about these Icecaps now, seems like a really cool adddition. Very customizable and seems like euphyllia would really love it. 

I'm trying to get a 50+ head frogspawn colony to put right in the middle of that sand bed area.  I like how the gyre is the only thing besides the return pump that I need for flow because there's no dead spots which was super tricky for working around the mass of rock I have.

Nano Nano Boo Boo
2 minutes ago, Zorya said:

I'm trying to get a 50+ head frogspawn colony to put right in the middle of that sand bed area.  I like how the gyre is the only thing besides the return pump that I need for flow because there's no dead spots which was super tricky for working around the mass of rock I have.

That would be incredible, the tank is beautiful. I’m assuming it gives enough flow for all your coral? I’ll be experimenting with a few Jaeboe configurations but this seems like a great idea for me. 

7 minutes ago, Nano Nano Boo Boo said:

That would be incredible, the tank is beautiful. I’m assuming it gives enough flow for all your coral? I’ll be experimenting with a few Jaeboe configurations but this seems like a great idea for me. 

I only have mushrooms in here and macro, but there's a bubble tip and it's enough flow for it.  I'll have you know that if you don't want your fish to swim, but instead be swept around by the current and you have no sand, you could run the gyre at 100% and your fish will get lazy because they won't need to swim anymore.  If it's too much flow, you can take off one end, essentially halving the flow (or making it easier to hide), but to be honest, my starry loves sitting on top of it to sleep.  Probably because no one can get to her because the current is too fast right next to the output.

Also came with protectors which was highly important to me because powerheads are magnets for anemones....

Nano Nano Boo Boo
27 minutes ago, Zorya said:

I only have mushrooms in here and macro, but there's a bubble tip and it's enough flow for it.  I'll have you know that if you don't want your fish to swim, but instead be swept around by the current and you have no sand, you could run the gyre at 100% and your fish will get lazy because they won't need to swim anymore.  If it's too much flow, you can take off one end, essentially halving the flow (or making it easier to hide), but to be honest, my starry loves sitting on top of it to sleep.  Probably because no one can get to her because the current is too fast right next to the output.

Also came with protectors which was highly important to me because powerheads are magnets for anemones....

Gotcha. I’m pretty sold on this thing. 

I think my torches can can hear me. They’ve extended quite a bit in the last hour. 

• Haha 1
KW NANOREEF
1 hour ago, Nano Nano Boo Boo said:

Gotcha. I’m pretty sold on this thing. 

I think my torches can can hear me. They’ve extended quite a bit in the last hour. 

You are going to have powerhead a coming out your ears lol. Donate so I can make a hurricane in mine lol

• Like 1