ReefCleaners.org

Biocube 32 flow, what’s yours?

Nano Nano Boo Boo

Nano Nano Boo Boo

Running a 32 Biocube with lots of euphyllia(frog spawn, torch, hammer). Also scattered acans, blastos, mushrooms, zoas, etc. Whats your perfect placement and equipment for flow. I’ve got a wavemaker on the return so lose a little flow there. Also upgraded return to a Cobalt 1.5. Powerhead on opposite corner of return pointed at the front. 

Looking for a or a more natural and semi turbulent flow. Random and more natural. Ordered a Jaebo PP-4 to try and get a more random flow pattern. 

What have you tried? What’s works? Help me brainstorm. 

Nano Nano Boo Boo

We will make this happen for sure. I have a PP-4 on order but slowly replacing all powerheads. Seems like this programmable ones really add a more natural flow pattern.

I've used jebao- won't buy those again. Flow was good, not a wide spread and lost its power half way through the tank. Worked for 3 months before they started acting up.

I love my aqamai kps. I like being able to customize my flow to my tanks needs and its fully customizable 

Sicce powerheads and koralia powerheads were great too.

• Like 1
Five.five-six

When I had a BC29, I used a tunze 6055, controllable with APEX.  It was all the flow you’ll ever need in that tank. All kinds of random and diverse too 🙂

Nano Nano Boo Boo
5 hours ago, specore said:

$1 more than @Nano Nano Boo Boo will pay...lol

Seriously may grab that tomorrow if you’re available. I want to at least try something random. Thinking yours and the PP-4 on opposite sides may be a good stop and go flow. (Last sentence sounds like a Fortnite dance...sheesh)

I have a biocube 29gal (sorry not the same size - but close!) and I just got the icecap gyre 1k for it.  I've got a TON of rock, probably around 45-50 lbs and a BTA and macro and I run my gyre on alternating mode 30% forward/ 40% reverse and the flow is great.  Even amongst all the rocks.  When I blast the rocks almost nothing comes off because there's no dead spots.  I've got one side of it pointed straight out and straight down and the other side is pointed slightly up and slightly out, so the flow is not always in the same area and the return nozzle is angled toward the water surface.  The nice thing too is since I'm always upgrading, I could take this gyre and put it on a bigger tank and just up the percentages and it will still work well.  Oh, and it's pretty cheap.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Zorya said:

snow sand storm

Yeah you would think and that’s why I started at 40% because I heard it can potentially do that. However, the way I have it mounted vertically and how the gyres are aimed, no sand budges. 🙂

Just now, Aurortpa said:

Yeah you would think and that’s why I started at 40% because I heard it can potentially do that. However, the way I have it mounted vertically and how the gyres are aimed, no sand budges. 🙂

I've got mine horizontal.  I read some people put it in the back.  I've got the Fiji pink sand and no sandstorm for me either around 40% forward, but my blennies don't appreciate that kind of hustle 🤣.

• Like 1
KW NANOREEF
37 minutes ago, Nano Nano Boo Boo said:

Seriously may grab that tomorrow if you’re available. I want to at least try something random. Thinking yours and the PP-4 on opposite sides may be a good stop and go flow. (Last sentence sounds like a Fortnite dance...sheesh)

A fortnite dance? Come on bro.

• Haha 2