Innovative Marine Aquariums

IM Lagoon EXT 25gal

Lulu_Lunette

Very nice indeed, started your build thread on my b day, lol.

I'm in the process as we speak of setting up the same tank, plan to do a new build thread maybe

• Like 2
19 hours ago, Lulu_Lunette said:

You’ll get there. It took me almost six months before I really started getting it together 

I just need to wait tell I can get back to the states mostly. Then I may start setting up my IM 30L EXT. 

• Like 1
Christopher Marks
On 1/21/2019 at 10:21 AM, Lulu_Lunette said:
It’s been awhile since I have written an update on the lagoon.  I have been battling diatoms and algae for a while and have finally just accepted that it is what it is for now.  This tank has a completely different startup then my Evo has so I’m learning the differences. It wasn’t until a few weeks ago that thinks finally started to look better.  I don’t feel much has changed since the last update until recently.  I have had some bad luck in adding livestock to the system.

My local club had their annual fall frag swap.  I decided to get an anemone.  I picked up a rock flower anemone and a small clam.  I am extremely impressed with the anemone.  Since placing it in the tank it has not really moved and it is so colorful and beautiful.  I like it so much I’m contemplating getting another one.  The clam however I did not have the same amount of luck.  It was small and I was feedin it regularly but one day it was fine when I went to bed and the next morning it was gone.  I may try a clam again later down the road.

TFvtWF0.jpg  
Rock Flower Anemone

The end of last year I did add a sexy shrimp.  This was a total surprise.  Sometime in early 2018 I had added three sexy shrimp to my Evo.  My clarkii clownfish in that system ate them up almost immediately, or so I had thought.  I was cleaning out the sump of the Evo when I saw this big chunk of debris go flying through my siphon tube and into the bucket.  Somehow this lonely sexy shrimp made it.  I was shocked.  I moved him (or her) to the lagoon since my hawkfish George would make a snack out of it. I also moved the frogspawn from the Evo into the lagoon so the sexy shrimp would have something to hide on.

3aJRkSP.jpg
Long Lost Sexy Shrimp

Two weeks ago I took a big step and added a bunch of fish to the system at once.  I moved my solo clownfish over from my Fluval Evo and paired it with a new clown in the lagoon.  I figured this would be the best for both since neither had territory in this system.  I also added a McCosker’s wrasse, cleaner shrimp and royal gramma.  About a week later I added a pearly jawfish.  It has been a week since I last added any fish and so far everyone is doing well with the exception of my midas blenny.  He unexpectedly past away from some unknown reason.  I plan on getting another midas blenny but am going to wait a few months before adding any new fish and focus more on adding corals.

4iC8nPi.jpg
Flash

VE4EaAG.jpg
McCosker’s Wrasse

I have found that some of my corals that are currently are in the system are not doing as well as I had hoped.  I’m currently working on my light schedule and intensity but am finding it difficult.  Does anyone have any tips or suggestions?  I have a radion xr15.  In the meantime - here are a few more photos that I have taken.  I hope you enjoy!

jSfonaX.jpg 
Full Tank Shot

ZL7Z1gn.jpg
Cleaner Shrimp

zvJFUwY.jpg
Favia 

PabMju1.jpg
Hermits

vbnXoqB.jpg
Zoas

Nice to see you @Lulu_Lunette, welcome back! These are some beautiful new additions to your lagoon, that McCosker’s wrasse is stunning! 😍

Which corals do you feel you are having trouble with? The diatoms are a little surprising, but I suppose not too worrisome. What is your source for water? I wonder if it might be introducing phosphates.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

Nice to see you @Lulu_Lunette, welcome back! These are some beautiful new additions to your lagoon, that McCosker’s wrasse is stunning! 😍

Which corals do you feel you are having trouble with? The diatoms are a little surprising, but I suppose not too worrisome. What is your source for water? I wonder if it might be introducing phosphates.

My zoas actually. Working on getting my lighting right. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

@lulu_lunette how is the tank going? I am considering setting up a lagoon style tank. I have looked at the one you have and the larger 50 and 75 gallon ones. I have a 20 gallons long that i setup as a sump using ocean box baffles but ended up not using it, so that is already good to go. I moved recently and do not have room for my old 75 gallon tank so i think a 36 wide lagoon would be perfect, or smaller. 

• 4 weeks later...
Lulu_Lunette
On 3/13/2019 at 1:24 PM, GrumpyDaddy68 said:

Hi Lulu,

Do you remember how much did you spend on pumbling?

Thanks,

Maybe $100 -$120?

Lulu_Lunette

Hello everyone,

It’s been a while since my last update again already and I thought I’d tell you about what’s new and what’s happened in the last month. I got a stunning new computer and I can’t get over how much better it is to edit and process my photos and videos. I’ve been living in the dark ages lol

I’ve finally worked up the courage to get a Scoly, a beautiful pair - one is pink and teal and the other is green. I’ve also added some fish: a green clown goby (love him, his name is Herman) as well as another royal gramma! I’ve also added Cheato to my sump along with some pods. I’m hoping by this summer to have enough of a pod colony to be able to keep a mandarin. I’ve also added my first SPS corals and I’m having mixed results so far. Hopefully I’ll get the hang of it! I’ve moved all of my LPS over from the Evo to my Lagoon and they are all doing really well.

7s6os30.jpg Pink Scoly

MvAt2WY.jpg Green Scoly

CQGsfXY.jpg Herman the green clown goby

5Bf8A7w.jpg Royal Gramma

I never knew Acans could get so fluffy!

uGkPcTI.jpg Acan and Scoly garden

It’s also been a bit turbulent. I’ve lost my original royal gramma shortly after my last post along with one of my clownfish. I think for now, I will stick to my last clownfish instead of looking for another pair. Also, my pink scolymia that I had just added is not doing well at all. It’s really bleached and started to recede. I’m doing everything I can - without doing too much. I think I’ve at least paused it’s deteriorating health, but it’s not gotten much better either. My other green scoly is going really well though! It’s got a faint yellow ring around it that I hope comes out more as time goes on.

MS0p5ln.jpg Pink Scoly with bleaching  

vQWuPSG.jpg Green Scoly close-up

I feel weird saying this but I must: I’ve also been running into some internet drama lately and a little miffed seeing my content get shared without credit. It’s had me strongly reconsider how and what I share with others. I don’t know why I got so offended, this is not a money-making venture for me, I just purely love the hobby and it is nothing more than a passion piece. I’ve been happy with how it’s been handled though and so happy to see credit going where it’s due.

I’ve got a ton of photos to share, and I plan on adding lots more! Until next time o7

b1G4ZbH.jpg Pearly Jawfish

GuA6KNl.jpg McCosker’s Wrasse

mxGegnP.jpg Royal Gramma with Favia

leVn4bz.jpg Royal Gramma Angry

sxMBRwC.jpg Mexican Turbo Snail

MS0p5ln.jpg Full tank shot 03.12.19

• Like 2
Christopher Marks

Beautiful new photos @Lulu_Lunette, that McCoskers Wrasse is gorgeous! Sorry to hear about your royal gramma and clownfish, that’s tough. How long have you had the pink Scolymia? Have you done a treatment dip or bath on it since new?

Lulu_Lunette
2 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

Beautiful new photos @Lulu_Lunette, that McCoskers Wrasse is gorgeous! Sorry to hear about your royal gramma and clownfish, that’s tough. How long have you had the pink Scolymia? Have you done a treatment dip or bath on it since new?

I’ve had it about two months. Have not done anything to it treatment or dip wise. It was in a more light direct part of the tank but I have since moved it 

burtbollinger
10 minutes ago, Lulu_Lunette said:

I’ve had it about two months. Have not done anything to it treatment or dip wise. It was in a more light direct part of the tank but I have since moved it 

tank looks nice...curious if you're running a lid (top).  i just added a flasher and i had to build a net top lid.  

Lulu_Lunette
On 3/19/2019 at 12:17 PM, burtbollinger said:

tank looks nice...curious if you're running a lid (top).  i just added a flasher and i had to build a net top lid.  

Yes I do have a net lid on the tank. 

• 4 months later...

Lulu,

I just bought this tank and am having issues getting the plumbing fixtures correct.  Do you by chance remember where you got and what size fittings you got for the 1" drains and 3/4" return?  I am using grey 80 schedule fixtures and they just don't seem to fit.

#Frustrated.

19 hours ago, Fernzpat said:

Lulu,

I just bought this tank and am having issues getting the plumbing fixtures correct.  Do you by chance remember where you got and what size fittings you got for the 1" drains and 3/4" return?  I am using grey 80 schedule fixtures and they just don't seem to fit.

#Frustrated.

Never mind I figured it out.