Coral Vue Hydros

FISHnChix REEFER 250 BUILD *! New SPS🤞🤞🤙 *🍻

FISHnChix

29 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Yea it's pretty new about 3 weeks though..

Params are where I like to keep them, besides the po4 . I dose so they stay pretty consistent...

Alk 8.4

Ca 420

Mag -- it swings a little bc I dont dose for it daily.. but I keep it 1300ish.  Drops to 1230 ish when I dont pay attention..

Nitrates- 3-5 

Po4- undetectable on my salfert kit.m wanting to try another brand soon..

Got it - if your parameters are pretty stable, then I'd probably try out what mitten's suggested - look for PE at night. I've generally never seen flow to be an issue with acros. In fact, I'm seriously considering adding a pair of MP40s to run in my tank for added flow. 

For PO4, I'm a fan of the ULR Hanna checkers. 

• Like 2
Just now, mitten_reef said:

@FISHnChix, what does your fish list look like?  Any known coral nippers?  That could be one other potential cause to look into.   

I have minimal fish.. my hawkfish went carpet surfing😪 just before I got this acro.. so now I have a clownfish, melnurus wrasse, banngi cardnial, and royal gramma...

2 hours ago, pokerdobe said:

For PO4, I'm a fan of the ULR Hanna checkers

Been wanting to pull the trigger on one of these.. im reluctant to though because I work with a lot of instruments for testing water that are super high dollar and they still aren't as consistant results as doing chemical tests🤔...  guess I'm still skeptical of the electronic testers lol.  Thing is for po4 I havent found a test that my eyes can tell the difference between .03 and zero... probably end up with the hanna tester soon enough 😊

• Like 2

Son of b@tch. Got home and the little acro frag was dead... everything else looks awesome so I blame it on the earthquakes not my reefing skills....  starting to get just a tiny bit of gha on my rocks... got to beef up my cuc but the damn wrasse loves them as snacks....

image.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

You saying that white booger in there :unsure: you need better frags.................

Good to see you at least still have a home and tank..............:wink:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, spectra said:

You saying that white booger in there :unsure: you need better frags.................

Good to see you at least still have a home and tank..............:wink:

Yea the white booger Skelton lol.. send the damn good frags buddy and throw  those damn pickles in there too!!😉

• Haha 1
Just now, FISHnChix said:

Yea the white booger Skelton lol.. send the damn good frags buddy and throw  those damn pickles in there too!!😉

I would but they wont make it 2 day priority................next day is not cheap with 2 jars :lol: and well if your like Jack they may sit in your mailbox when its 95 plus outside..............

9 minutes ago, spectra said:

I would but they wont make it 2 day priority................next day is not cheap with 2 jars :lol: and well if your like Jack they may sit in your mailbox when its 95 plus outside..............

No worries I'm not worthy of good sps frags yet.. got to figure this shit out its starting to bug me..but the damn pickles .. I'm still waiting shit bird😋🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
25 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

No worries I'm not worthy of good sps frags yet.. got to figure this shit out its starting to bug me..but the damn pickles .. I'm still waiting shit bird😋🤣

Well ask RTF how they were :lol: some day they will show..............some day :unsure:

5 minutes ago, spectra said:

Well ask RTF how they were :lol: some day they will show..............some day :unsure:

You think I trust a damn plumber.. shiiiiit

Well had to clean all the alage off the glass after a weekend away... starting to get some gha .. very annoying.. I think my sump needs a good cleaning bc every time i turn off the return pump and then turn it back on it blows crap out everywhere.. don't have a good way to clean the sump so I'm looking for a cheap shop vacuum 😂 anyways wanted to post a little video for my progress 😎

• Like 1

So @spectra you ever try and catch a melnaurs wrasse 😂. Little shit has to go.. mine eats every snail or hermit I put in there.. just bought like 10 little hermits and came back in the room and they were all on the sand upside down and ####er was swimming with one in his mouth....😡

• Haha 3
  • Wow 1

So got a gorg for the first time.. this guy is growing like crazy.  Reminds me of marco...  now are they entrusting?? This one has covered the frag plug... kinda worried it might take over. Are photo gorgs evasive??🤔

1 hour ago, FISHnChix said:

So got a gorg for the first time.. this guy is growing like crazy.  Reminds me of marco...  now are they entrusting?? This one has covered the frag plug... kinda worried it might take over. Are photo gorgs evasive??🤔

I'd say matting more than encrusting.  They will attach at any point they have steady contact with, but not hard at all to remove if they grow where unwanted. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, FISHnChix said:

So @spectra you ever try and catch a melnaurs wrasse 😂. Little shit has to go.. mine eats every snail or hermit I put in there.. just bought like 10 little hermits and came back in the room and they were all on the sand upside down and ####er was swimming with one in his mouth....😡

I spent hours trying to catch one.  Gave up and let the net just sit in the water for 10 minutes with a few pellets inside and the ####er swam right into it.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, FISHnChix said:

Picture? I've not had any problems with my gorgs encrusting or taking over a tank. In my tank they are pretty slow growers.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, patback said:

I'd say matting more than encrusting.  They will attach at any point they have steady contact with, but not hard at all to remove if they grow where unwanted. 

Yea that's more what it looks like than entrusting.. 🤣

4 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

Picture? I've not had any problems with my gorgs encrusting or taking over a tank. In my tank they are pretty slow growers.

This is a little guy I got from a reefer on here. It was about 2 inches a month ago now its 4 plus tall.  Hard to get a picture but the frag plug had a little glue holding it on now its completely covered. It's no big deal now I was just wondering if it would turn into a problem like a Kenya tree or something 🤷‍♂️ glad to hear it wont take over bc I like the little guy

20190716_162845.jpg

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

Thats a sweet little whip (at least I think its a whip). I would not worry about it over taking at all. He just like the environment. 

Yea I have no idea what a "whip" is lol.. of you click on your little emoji and look at your background photo.. it looks like that gorg on the left.. well about 30 times smaller but ya get the point 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, FISHnChix said:

Drain the tank....................................:lol:

when I tried to catch mine I pulled all rock and they were still a PITA....................just said #### it and drained the water down to an inch and dug through the sand..................easy peasy..................

Dont worry about the gorg..............it will be fine..............

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
ECLS Reefer
9 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Yea I have no idea what a "whip" is lol.. of you click on your little emoji and look at your background photo.. it looks like that gorg on the left.. well about 30 times smaller but ya get the point 🤣

Maybe it’s more of a nae nae...

• Haha 3
5 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Maybe it’s more of a nae nae...

Seriously I was looking for a "watch me whip " gif

• Haha 2