Innovative Marine Aquariums

FISHnChix REEFER 250 BUILD *! New SPS🤞🤞🤙 *🍻

FISHnChix

1 hour ago, FISHnChix said:

So it got a little worse but now it's all better 😅.. was starting to worry me bc it got worse each day for about 3 days... 😦

On a bright note I'm seeing less alage on the glass and the cyano seems better this week too. Maybe cleaning the sump was the ticket 😊

Nice. So all clear now?  I need to do a water change and a major cleaning. Theres just not enough time in a day.  

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, patback said:

Wife almost bought a waterbox today. Decided to hold off and try to figure out of it's better for her to get a small tank, or take mine and I get a larger one.  

Oh bigger tank of course!!! 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, patback said:

Nice. So all clear now?  I need to do a water change and a major cleaning. Theres just not enough time in a day.  

I did a big sand siphoning today. Broke down and did my water changes all early since I need to dedicate tomorrow to paper writing. Had some nasty algae in the sand beds. Gotta get a better siphon for the big tank though. The gigantic one I have currently is just too big and clumsy to work with and so difficult to fit between the wall and the rocks. At any rate, I expect to have good parameters tomorrow

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, patback said:

Lol. It took me 3 seconds to realize I posted in @FISHnChix thread but you sniped that post even quicker.  

Lmao post away this thread can always use a little love..  you really looking at a new tank already???

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Lmao post away this thread can always use a little love..  you really looking at a new tank already???

I really like my current tank. It is sort of annoying though that I cant keep many fish though. Like I have 7 currently in this tank and only 2 swim around, and they are all small.  Next tank that I get will most definitely be tang sized.  Cant speak for my wife though. She really liked the 28 gallon waterbox "frag" tank. 

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, patback said:

I really like my current tank. It is sort of annoying though that I cant keep many fish though. Like I have 7 currently in this tank and only 2 swim around, and they are all small.  Next tank that I get will most definitely be tang sized.  Cant speak for my wife though. She really liked the 28 gallon waterbox "frag" tank. 

Yea I get that.. something about the tangs and their free swing that is so relaxing.  I really want to get another kole tang... still stumped why my first two died.. was really weird. Thinking I didnt feed them enough and the tank was just WAY to young.  

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Yea I get that.. something about the tangs and their free swing that is so relaxing.  I really want to get another kole tang... still stumped why my first two died.. was really weird. Thinking I didnt feed them enough and the tank was just WAY to young.  

I like our coral beauty too. He and the tang are both good free swimmers. The wrasse, clown pair and YTD all kind of hang out in one spot in the tank. The YWG has lately been swimming straight up the water column like he's trying to swim into the light...

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

I like our coral beauty too. He and the tang are both good free swimmers. The wrasse, clown pair and YTD all kind of hang out in one spot in the tank. The YWG has lately been swimming straight up the water column like he's trying to swim into the light...

I love angel fish they are so fun to watch.. just dont want them to pick at the corals.. Imo it's more a question of when they start to pick at corals then if they will😥

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

I love angel fish they are so fun to watch.. just dont want them to pick at the corals.. Imo it's more a question of when they start to pick at corals then if they will😥

Mine hasn't so far. Maybe I'll get lucky on that front.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Mine hasn't so far. Maybe I'll get lucky on that front.

I hope so too😊.. from what I read coral beauty's are supposed to be the most reef safe! Honestly those peppermint shrimp you have is what makes me worry the most.. I had one that was great for awhile then ate 2 corals almost over night.  It was an apsista eating mofo though 

Just now, FISHnChix said:

I hope so too😊.. from what I read coral beauty's are supposed to be the most reef safe! Honestly those peppermint shrimp you have is what makes me worry the most.. I had one that was great for awhile then ate 2 corals almost over night.  It was an apsista eating mofo though 

Yeah I remember your warnings and I'm watching Bonnie and Clyde close. That's the nice thing about having a sump. I can snatch them up and toss them in there. Of course, they'll have to contend with that coral banded shrimp that lives down there....

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Yeah I remember your warnings and I'm watching Bonnie and Clyde close. That's the nice thing about having a sump. I can snatch them up and toss them in there. Of course, they'll have to contend with that coral banded shrimp that lives down there....

Kray twins

On 8/15/2019 at 7:36 PM, Dirté Sanchez said:

Got a little shrimp today.... now it just needs a name😋.

Got a feather duster too.. shit i didnt know it was a worm 😮

LRM_EXPORT_316052158966452_20190817_171807617.jpeg

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, spectra said:

Well lucky for you the wrasse is gone...............otherwise would just name it lunch :lol:

Yep that's another reason I'm glad hes gone... shit the snails and hermits even come out during the day now.. funny how fast they learn to hide during the day when I had that wrasse..

My wrasses killed my cleaner................

I know for a fact my leopard loves shrimp :lol: tossed in some peppermint snacks one day and it went nut...............think it took out 2 of the 4.............

1 minute ago, FISHnChix said:

Yep that's another reason I'm glad hes gone... shit the snails and hermits even come out during the day now.. funny how fast they learn to hide during the day when I had that wrasse..

yeah but now you dont have a hunter in there.............

I love my wrasses..............will deal with there shit............

Any idea how to keep a feather duster alive?? What should I feed it or should I feed it at all.. I have a super low nutrient tank at the moment...

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Any idea how to keep a feather duster alive?? What should I feed it or should I feed it at all.. I have a super low nutrient tank at the moment...

Do you feed roids ?

I would just turn pumps off and shoot some food its way.

Just now, spectra said:

Do you feed roids ?

I would just turn pumps off and shoot some food its way.

Not right now bc I have killed all my sps... I was thinking to start bc if this guy.. will that be enough?

31 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

I don’t feed any of my dusters. They catch what they need. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, WV Reefer said:

I don’t feed any of my dusters. They catch what they need. 

I have mine on the sand bed right now.. is there anyway to attach them to the rock work??? Kinda want to place the guy up their.. do they attach themselves at all??

I have mine on the sand bed right now.. is there anyway to attach them to the rock work??? Kinda want to place the guy up their.. do they attach themselves at all??

They usually sort of attach themselves eventually. 

• Thanks 1

I’ve found you have to be careful with flow for them and they’ll hide for a while when you move them. I keep mine with part of his tube in the sand bed but his body stood up against the rocks 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

I’ve found you have to be careful with flow for them and they’ll hide for a while when you move them. I keep mine with part of his tube in the sand bed but his body stood up against the rocks 

So at the store he was out. Never came out in the bag.. as I set him in the tank he was coming out.. serously the second I set it down it was all the way out.  Kinda crazy..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1